I Just Ordered A GTS 450 But...

G

But I Have heard that the 400 Series has major overheating and black screen problems?? Sure this was in december but I Am quite worried now. I Bought the GTS 450 To Replace my overheating GTS 250 (Terrible 105 C Overheating Artifact crap), And I Really dont want to run into the same problems or worse problems with this card! Did Nvidia fix the problem? I Bought the Gigabyte 1GB Version And I Heard Gigabyte had the better luck with the problems but I Am still worried. I Cant afford the 500 Series, and I Wont go back to the 100+C 200 Series. And Nope! I Wont goto ATI :D

Please no fanboy comments, just need to know if there is going to be any problems :/

xeenrecoil

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2003
Out of curiosity what brand and model case do you have? How many fans does it have, what size, and location in the case?

I cant stress enough the importance of cooling in a gaming rig. The location of the fans is of key importance, if you are going to run a notoriously hot graphics card then you better darn well have a case with a fan blowing directly onto it. Fans located in the front, rear, top and side are all important for proper cooling. If your case doesnt have proper fan location then buy one that does or you WILL overheat when running hot hardware. Something you can do in the meantime is organize and optimize your cabling, make sure they arent blocking or hindering airflow. If you have a cheap case with less than 4 fans installed then that is why you are experiancing overheating issues.

G

This is my case, http://www.cmstorm.com/en/products/chassis/scout/