ajh1979

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Hi Guys please would you check my pre built system before I order it I have a total budget of £1400 but would like to get what I "need" for my requirements listed below for as cheap as possible and save some cash as Christmas is coming :??:

The system will be used for the below and nothing more only a few games as I play call of duty and those sort of titles on my Xbox however the games I do list I want to play on ULTRA settings maxed out on a 24 inch monitor

Gaming (WoW Cata / Dawn of War series / Starcraft 2) might try the new star wars MMORPG when its released
Downloading - Movies / Music (I do alot of this)
Streaming downloaded films to my 50 inch tv with hdmi connection and watching Blu Rays
iTunes
Microsoft Office 2010
Web Browsing
Burning DVDs / CD's using Nero

Thats the lot!

Here is the configuration I have chose which comes to a total of £1000 including vat & shipping (saving me £400 on my budget :) )

On a second thought I could get the below for £1000 and save myself £400 do you think this configuration would be better as my needs are not so demanding:

Summary:

Cooler Master Elite 370 Case

Processor:
Intel Core i7 2600K Processor Overclocked to up to 4.0GHz

CPU Cooler:
Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 CPU Cooler
Price: £15.00

Case Cooling Upgrades:
2 x led blue case fans

Motherboard:
Asus P8Z68-V LE Motherboard

Memory:
8GB Corsair PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 Memory (2 x 4GB sticks)

Graphics Card:
ASUS Direct CU II AMD Radeon HD 6970 2048MB Graphics Card

1st Hard Drive:
40GB Corsair Force Solid State Drive

2nd Hard Drive:
1000GB 7200RPM Hard Disk

SSD Caching Configuration

1st Optical Drive:
Samsung Blu-Ray ROM / DVD-RW Combi Drive

2nd Optical Drive:
Sony 24x DVD-RW Drive

Power Supply:
Corsair Ultra Low Noise 600W PSU

Sound Card:
Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

Monitor:
24" Asus VS247H Widescreen LED Monitor

Any advice and or comments would be very much appreciated!!!

You will not need a 2600k
A 2500k makes some sense , but even then its not likely that you will benefit from overclocking

The memory has to be 1.5 volt or less for sandy bridge processors .

For the games you play the graphics card is serious overkill . You can scale that back to a GTX 560 ti [or even the 560] and still have plenty of head room . It will also be quieter and use less power