Help choosing a case

corymorrison

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
hey guys, i'm building a new pc and ive got everthing but the case.
i have and atx mobo, asus gtx 570 with dcii, i5 2500k, 750 watt psu, wondering if a mid tower case will be big enough, and be able to get rid of heat quckly. thanks for any help:)

Solution

The Phantom is actually a really nicely designed case - it has tons of room interior and exterior, and you don't have to remove your motherboard to install a new cooler. If you really wanted to I'd go with the Lanboy Air over the DF85 - has way better airflow and ventilation than a lot of Antec's other products do. Also I'd recommend checking out the new Corsair Carbide series - those are extremely nice, very roomy mid towers.

Petrofsky

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2008
I like a full tower. Lots of bays, and if you ever overclock the CPU, you might want to have room for a gigantic cooler. Also, I've seen experiments where having the side off the case makes it run cooler than any number of fans do, so bigger is better for cooling.

ARchamps

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
What is your budget? for ~$60, the Cooler Master HAF 912 or Antec 300 are good buys. Add in a couple of fans and you should be good. Also depends on whether you want something low profile or a beast full tower.

I just got the Silverstone Precision PS06 and it looks like something out of TRON lol. Lots of space, USB 3.0 front ports, HDD hot swap bay, and tool-less design (for the most part).

I used to primarily use a mix of Antec and CM cases ...... generally present the user with a several choices and let them decide.

$60 - $100 ..... Antec 300 Illusion or HAF-922*
$100-150 .... Antec 902 V3
$150 - 200 .... Antec 1200V3, Antec DF-85, HAF-X
> $200 ..... Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow

I never have a problem with a Lian Li or Silverstone ... my users just don't seem to be too excited about them.

corymorrison

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2011
well i have a phantom nzxt full tower that my friend gave me im just not to fond of how it looks lol. i was looking more at the antec Df-85. do you think the phantom case will work ok for now?

g-unit1111

Titan

The Phantom is actually a really nicely designed case - it has tons of room interior and exterior, and you don't have to remove your motherboard to install a new cooler. If you really wanted to I'd go with the Lanboy Air over the DF85 - has way better airflow and ventilation than a lot of Antec's other products do. Also I'd recommend checking out the new Corsair Carbide series - those are extremely nice, very roomy mid towers.

Solution