Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Missing standoffs

Last response: in Motherboards
November 15, 2012 11:35:54 PM

Case: Corsair 500R
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V

When I placing standoffs in my case, I noticed I only got 4 standoffs, instead of 9.
Is it still okay to place it in the case with 5 missing standoffs or not? If not, what should I do?

More about : missing standoffs

November 16, 2012 3:36:25 AM

well it really depends on where they are located.
4 is pretty slim pickins... i would say you probably need at LEAST 5. but lets take a look.
FIRST AND FORMOST the back of the motherboard (mobo) should NEVER EVER touch the case. you will short circuit and fry something if it does.
so install memoryand CPU/Heatsink before you insert MoBo into case,
Be SURE you have enough support below your PCI(e) to install cards.
The rest is pretty simple. be sure to put 1 at the top left (as you look into case) and at the bottom left (so your PCI(e) slots line up and the I/O shield area will be stable and line up.
Here's what i would do if I were you...
get some small blocks of wood in the center area of your mobo (maybe even super clue them to the backing wall) and then put your 4 screws in each corner of the MoBo to keep it aligned.
Standoffs are pretty cheap mate, but still, I just fixed my Saturn's shift lever with 7 zip ties LOL.
Figure it out, just be SURE the MoBo solder points (the backside) do NOT touch the case!!!
m
l
a c 474 V Motherboard
November 16, 2012 3:49:21 AM

brigittebeau said:
Case: Corsair 500R
Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V

When I placing standoffs in my case, I noticed I only got 4 standoffs, instead of 9.
Is it still okay to place it in the case with 5 missing standoffs or not? If not, what should I do?

i would email the case vendor for missing parts. before i did shot an email see if the case vendor placed them on the mb tray.some vendor do pre mount a few screws. if you have a local micro center or computer store you can pick up a full case screw kit for $10.00 that have extra of every case screw you could use.
m
l
Related resources
November 16, 2012 4:24:51 AM

smorizio said:
i would email the case vendor for missing parts.

good point... huh WHY did i miss that point? yes now YOU say that, I guess we can assume it is a NEW case??
if so yeah do as smorizio said - hold them accountable.
if it is NOT a new case try here:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...
m
l

Best solution

a c 474 V Motherboard
November 16, 2012 1:18:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=...

go to 7:00 of the video looks like the r500 cases have some permeant standoffs on the top of the case and some of the standoffs are already installed.
November 16, 2012 4:05:18 PM

briggite
you can close this thread now, by choosing smorizio's answer as correct/solved.
smorizio said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=...

go to 7:00 of the video looks like the r500 cases have some permeant standoffs on the top of the case and some of the standoffs are already installed.

smorizio is 100% right. Good Job on finding that to you addict!!! LOL I would plus one you or thumbs up if I could!!!
m
l
November 17, 2012 5:03:53 PM

Best answer selected by brigittebeau.
m
l
!