DC Nomad...

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

There was an item [posted way off topic over in the PS2 group about a
guy who made a portable DC. I'm not sure I believe it really works. And
if it does, it's got to weigh a ton. (Pics are a bit big for easy dial
up browsing; I included a direct link to an illustrative picture):
http://portablesystems.net/dreamcast3.html
http://portablesystems.net/dc4.7.JPG
6 answers Last reply
More about nomad
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

    Very Interesting-- It looks legit enough.

    Good find.

    --
    Cory "Shinnokxz" Hansen
    http://coryhansen.com

    In article <41C44FE2.83155AE8@nospam.com>,
    Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote:
    >There was an item [posted way off topic over in the PS2 group about a
    >guy who made a portable DC. I'm not sure I believe it really works. And
    >if it does, it's got to weigh a ton. (Pics are a bit big for easy dial
    >up browsing; I included a direct link to an illustrative picture):
    >http://portablesystems.net/dreamcast3.html
    >http://portablesystems.net/dc4.7.JPG

    I've seen this site, it's pretty cool. The guy does his own vacuum-formed
    consoles casings, and manages to reduce power consumption and heat
    generation in really clever ways. If you think about it, a good portion of
    the weight in a Dreamcast is the heavy plastic casing and the power
    supply, so externalizing both those components would reduce the mass in
    the handheld part of the thing.

    -KKC, cleaning his house in preparation for a little holiday get together.
    I wear a little apron and everything, too. :)
    --
    -- I was treated unfairly and without consideration by eBay - kendrick
    and Paypal. If you require independent testimony about - @io.com

    I wonder if he could make custom Genesis or Jaguar cases, that would be
    pretty neat.

    Mojo

    "Kendrick Kerwin Chua" <kendrick@io.com> wrote in message
    > In article <41C44FE2.83155AE8@nospam.com>,
    > Ted <nospamforted@nospam.com> wrote:
    >>There was an item [posted way off topic over in the PS2 group about a
    >>guy who made a portable DC. I'm not sure I believe it really works. And
    >>if it does, it's got to weigh a ton. (Pics are a bit big for easy dial
    >>up browsing; I included a direct link to an illustrative picture):
    >>http://portablesystems.net/dreamcast3.html
    >>http://portablesystems.net/dc4.7.JPG
    >
    > I've seen this site, it's pretty cool. The guy does his own vacuum-formed
    > consoles casings, and manages to reduce power consumption and heat
    > generation in really clever ways. If you think about it, a good portion of
    > the weight in a Dreamcast is the heavy plastic casing and the power
    > supply, so externalizing both those components would reduce the mass in
    > the handheld part of the thing.
    >
    > -KKC, cleaning his house in preparation for a little holiday get together.
    > I wear a little apron and everything, too. :)
    > --
    > -- I was treated unfairly and without consideration by eBay - kendrick
    > and Paypal. If you require independent testimony about - @io.com
    > or corroboration of illegal or questionable business -
    > practices by those two companies, please contact me. -
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

    Go to his site. He has a Jag portable with custom case as well.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast,rec.games.video.sega (More info?)

    Yeah, but I'm just saying like if he could make custom cases for our
    non-portable systems. I bet he could make some good money doing so ;-)

    Mojo

    "JoJo" <mrbiggles909@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Go to his site. He has a Jag portable with custom case as well.

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

    This isn't a new or even original idea, really. I remember hearing - about a
    year before the home version was discontinued - that Sega was working on a new
    age Nomad portable to play DC games.Obviously, it never came to be, but it
    seems to me that this guy probably thought about it enough to want to try it
    himself.
    Steve Grauman

Console Gaming Video Games Sega Video Games