Sign in with
Your question

New Build Bluescreen at boot HELP

Last response: in Systems
October 17, 2011 5:36:52 PM

So, I built my new PC today, while using my old HDDs (with Windows already installed)

I Get to the Welcome to Windows screen, then I get a blue screen and it instantly restarts.

I Turned off the "automatic restart on error" and got the message:
http://lh3.ggpht.com/_XsZ00KcDpnU/S_tvjtB5FGI/AAAAAAAAA...
This message exactly

ANY help is welcome.

When I try to reinstall Windows from my USB drive. I get

"Load Driver - A required CD/DVD driver is Missing"
And it won't Continue.
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600MHz 8GB CL9
Fractal Design Newton R2 1000W PSU
Gainward GeForce GTX 570 1280MB PhysX

More about : build bluescreen boot

October 17, 2011 5:47:00 PM

*PANIC*
October 17, 2011 6:10:46 PM

0x7b results from drivers for your HDD controller not being installed and causes a BSOD when Windows loads incompatible drivers. More than likely, your motherboard is configured to load HDD's in AHCI mode but you do not have the SATA/AHCI drivers for your board installed in Windows. Find the setting in your BIOS for AHCI and change it to Compatible/Compatibility/IDE (whichever setting your board actually has) and then you can load Windows. Then you can install the SATA/AHCI drivers, perform the registry tweak to make Windows load them on next boot and change the setting in your BIOS back to AHCI and reboot Windows. Or you can just leave your BIOS in IDE mode and run Windows like that. Hold on and I'll find the registry tweak real quick. It's simple too, don't worry.
Related resources
October 17, 2011 6:14:14 PM

Well I'd have to say that your issues are two separate ones. I believe with a pre-installed windows from an old system build you are likely running into core kernel components for your old hardware not working with the new system. It is typically recommended to do a fresh installation of windows when introducing new hardware. Particularly mobo/cpu.

During the windows installation the installation appears to actually be prompting for drivers for you a ROM drive, which is a seperate issue entirely. In this case you are using a thumb drive but the installation is still prompting for CD rom drivers when the CD rom isn't being utilized.

You should be able to disable driver signature enforcement with this resource I've provided. This resolve this particular issue for me a while ago, I hope this allows you to get your installation going, let me know how it works.

(Temporary Windows 7 DVD Drive Not Working or Recognized Fix – Solution 1)

1.) Restart your Windows 7 machine and as the computer starts press F8.
2.) Select the Disable Driver Signature Enforcement option and click Enter.

Once this is disabled, see if you can bypass the installation error you were receiving earlier.

Here is the resource article for this:
http://capitalhead.com/articles/windows-7-dvd-drive-not...

(it does not specifically call out "installation" issues, but the directions and pictures are awesome and this did in fact address this specific issue for me)

October 17, 2011 6:19:06 PM

Ishkrish said:
Well I'd have to say that your issues are two separate ones. I believe with a pre-installed windows from an old system build you are likely running into core kernel components for your old hardware not working with the new system. It is typically recommended to do a fresh installation of windows when introducing new hardware. Particularly mobo/cpu.

During the windows installation the installation appears to actually be prompting for drivers for you a ROM drive, which is a seperate issue entirely. In this case you are using a thumb drive but the installation is still prompting for CD rom drivers when the CD rom isn't being utilized.

You should be able to disable driver signature enforcement with this resource I've provided. This resolve this particular issue for me a while ago, I hope this allows you to get your installation going, let me know how it works.

(Temporary Windows 7 DVD Drive Not Working or Recognized Fix – Solution 1)

1.) Restart your Windows 7 machine and as the computer starts press F8.
2.) Select the Disable Driver Signature Enforcement option and click Enter.

Once this is disabled, see if you can bypass the installation error you were receiving earlier.

Here is the resource article for this:
http://capitalhead.com/articles/windows-7-dvd-drive-not...

(it does not specifically call out "installation" issues, but the directions and pictures are awesome and this did in fact address this specific issue for me)

On my way... :D  thanks il tell you how it went

ps: I decided to not bother installing a DVD drive, as i rarely use it.
may this be the problem? is it required to have a DVD drive when installing WIN7?
October 17, 2011 6:31:45 PM

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/271613-32-ahci-transi...

The answer to that post is the registry tweak.

It is recommended to do a fresh install, but it is not required. THe only reason your machine isn't booting into Windows is because you're missing your SATA/AHCI drivers and if you need to boot into Windows for some reaosn before reformatting and reinstalling, then you can do as I said in my previous post. Otherwise I agree that you'd be better with a fresh install.
October 17, 2011 6:32:47 PM

Hmm well you shouldn't need one. But sometimes the windows 7 installation gets confused about which device it's actually installing from. It defaults to the disk drive when the thumb drive isn't detected properly during the installation. This is usually a conflict with the driver handling. Because essentially, before you get into windows the installation is utilizing the basic drivers to access your hardware until up to date drivers are installed, USB handling doesn't always work spot on perfect when that drvier signature handling is enabled in my past experiences. Not all USB devices have microsoft signed drivers to autodetect/install, which for a thumb drive is a minor issue.

You should be able to get around that driver issue with that fix so long as the force signed drivers is turned off. Chances are the thumb drive drivers are not "digitally signed" or in other words digitally approved by Microsoft, so it's prompting for a secure "signed" driver to access the hardware.
October 17, 2011 6:33:16 PM

Ok I think I just screwed myself over this time.

Before Ishkrish posted, I had formated my C:\ Drive thru MS.DOS and therefore I have no OS right now.

And the "Required CD/DVD Drive device Driver is missing" Is still happening.

So i can't Select the Disable Driver Signature Enforcement option :( 

I have used this exact USB to install Windows 7 before, and there has never been a problem, so I doubt its the installation that's the problem..
October 17, 2011 6:35:48 PM

Ah okay that's too bad. Just to clarify, the Disable Driver Signature Enforcement option should be before you access the installation. Was this not working or the option was not available?
October 17, 2011 6:38:55 PM

arson94 said:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/271613-32-ahci-transi...

The answer to that post is the registry tweak.

It is recommended to do a fresh install, but it is not required. THe only reason your machine isn't booting into Windows is because you're missing your SATA/AHCI drivers and if you need to boot into Windows for some reaosn before reformatting and reinstalling, then you can do as I said in my previous post. Otherwise I agree that you'd be better with a fresh install.

Hmm, Ok So I have to change something in the BIOS?

Tricky as Its a brand new build, and I've never used this bios before. But il have a go, and see what I can find.

Also. I am using old normal SATA HDD's. and I plugged both of them into the 3GB/s slot in the mobo. I assumed it was correct as they are a bit older. and doubt they are 6GB/s
October 17, 2011 6:39:58 PM

Well you've deleted your install of Windows so what I said doesn't apply anymore. What I said was to get your computer booting into your already existing installation of Windows. However, if Windows Setup is b*tching about missing drivers then you can try just setting it to IDE mode. Maybe it'll help.
October 17, 2011 6:41:51 PM

arson94 said:
Well you've deleted your install of Windows so what I said doesn't apply anymore.

Alright, I did change my SATA to IDE, but I have the same problem in the Windows 7 install.
October 17, 2011 6:43:06 PM

Ishkrish said:
Ah okay that's too bad. Just to clarify, the Disable Driver Signature Enforcement option should be before you access the installation. Was this not working or the option was not available?

When I press F8 and hold it during boot, I get the bootmenu option, to choose between my 2 HDD's and the USB or go into BIOS.
I don't get any other options :/ 
October 17, 2011 6:46:33 PM

arson94 said:
Well you've deleted your install of Windows so what I said doesn't apply anymore. What I said was to get your computer booting into your already existing installation of Windows. However, if Windows Setup is b*tching about missing drivers then you can try just setting it to IDE mode. Maybe it'll help.

In bios I now have

SATA Mode: IDE Mode
Serial-ATA Controller 0: Enhanced
Serial-ATA Controller 1: Enhanced
S.M.A.R.T Status Check: Enabled.
October 17, 2011 7:00:36 PM

Ishkrish said:

Ok spamming F8 rapidly instead of holding it seemed to work. I now disabled the Driver signature, and got into the install.
But I still get the same problem.

"A required CD/DVD Drive device driver is missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD or USB Flash drive, please insert it now".

I can then browse, Ok or cancel. But neither of them lets me press Next in the install.
October 17, 2011 7:04:37 PM

have you made the usb stick #1 in boot priority???

do you have access to another computer to check that thumb drive to see if w7 is still there???

duhhh :pt1cable:  you're on one right now!!!!!
October 17, 2011 7:04:59 PM

What other options are available for your SATA Controllers besides "Enhanced?"

lol badtaylorx... Elyo, you're actually running Windows setup from a USB drive right? The device driver is missing error is from within Windows setup?
October 17, 2011 7:13:31 PM

badtaylorx said:
have you made the usb stick #1 in boot priority???

do you have access to another computer to check that thumb drive to see if w7 is still there???

duhhh :pt1cable:  you're on one right now!!!!!

yes, yes and yes.

I get into the windows install. but when I click "install windows" It automaticly starts crying for a driver I dont even need or have for that matter.
October 17, 2011 7:14:55 PM

arson94 said:

lol badtaylorx... Elyo, you're actually running Windows setup from a USB drive right? The device driver is missing error is from within Windows setup?

3 choices. Disabled, Enhanced or Compatible
October 17, 2011 7:15:33 PM

arson94 said:

Yes ofcourse -.-
October 17, 2011 7:18:56 PM

Yes of course??? Come on, I posted that before you answered badtaylorx's question... Anyway, change the SATA Controllers to Compatible while keeping SATA mode set to IDE mode and try setup again and see if it recognizes your HDD's.
October 17, 2011 7:25:27 PM

arson94 said:
Yes of course??? Come on, I posted that before you answered badtaylorx's question... Anyway, change the SATA Controllers to Compatible while keeping SATA mode set to IDE mode and try setup again and see if it recognizes your HDD's.

haha i'm sorry, Im not trying be to rude.
Ok I tried the compatible, but no change :( 

I did notice a message I get during boot, "No drivers found". it flashes only for a millisecond so I dont have the chance to read it all.
October 17, 2011 7:28:02 PM

I googled it, and found the whole message:
jmicron Detecting drivers: Done; No drivers found

This might have something to do with something.
October 17, 2011 7:32:43 PM

Ya know, when I got Windows 7 a while back I also tried to install from a USB drive and I could never get the damn thing to work either. I said f*ck it and put in a DVD drive I had laying around. So haha to you, I've already been here. lol I never got it to work nor have I ever tried it again since.

If you click 'Browse,' will it let you browse the USB stick you're booted into? If so, I say you just find your SATA drivers for your chipset, change everything in BIOS back to SATA mode and Enhanced, and tell setup to load your SATA drivers from the boot USB stick and see what happens.
October 17, 2011 7:36:20 PM

arson94 said:
Ya know, when I got Windows 7 a while back I also tried to install from a USB drive and I could never get the damn thing to work either. I said f*ck it and put in a DVD drive I had laying around. So haha to you, I've already been here. lol I never got it to work nor have I ever tried it again since.

If you click 'Browse,' will it let you browse the USB stick you're booted into? If so, I say you just find your SATA drivers for your chipset, change everything in BIOS back to SATA mode and Enhanced, and tell setup to load your SATA drivers from the boot USB stick and see what happens.

I do have a DVD drive "laying around", but its an old-ass *** drive that only reads discs when it feels like it. AND I couldnt seem to find a way to install it into my mobo. doesnt seem to have the old slots on it.

Oh yeah, and the drivers thing ive already tried. I read this thread:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/window...
and no luck on that either.
They say its not a driver issue, its windows being confused about my SATA drives -.-
October 17, 2011 7:43:08 PM

elyo said:
I googled it, and found the whole message:
jmicron Detecting drivers: Done; No drivers found

This might have something to do with something.

This message appears during BIOS/POST before Windows Setup or after Windows Setup has started? If it's during POST, then it's just your BIOS querying your Jmicron controller, probably your eSATA ports like my board, and stating there's no drives found.

If it's actually in Windows Setup, then your 3GB/s SATA ports are on the Jmicron controller it seems and those are the drivers you need to have Windows Setup load to complete this fiasco. Also, in BIOS can you find any settings for Jmicron anything and chagne it to run in IDE or Compatible mode? If so, this may avoid having to get drivers until later in which case you can get Windows installed and then perform the registry tweak I linked before after installing all the controller drivers after you install Windows.
October 17, 2011 7:47:53 PM

have you tried plugging the drives into the sata ports that AREN'T jmicron???
October 17, 2011 7:49:15 PM

elyo said:
I do have a DVD drive "laying around", but its an old-ass *** drive that only reads discs when it feels like it. AND I couldnt seem to find a way to install it into my mobo. doesnt seem to have the old slots on it.

Oh yeah, and the drivers thing ive already tried. I read this thread:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/window...
and no luck on that either.
They say its not a driver issue, its windows being confused about my SATA drives -.-

Yea, you're board doesn't have IDE ports so you'd have to acquire an SATA DVD drive. Was it the ATAPI drivers from the thread you linked there or was it your board's actual SATA drivers that you tried to load into setup? Man, I sure do ask alot of questions haha
October 17, 2011 7:51:21 PM

arson94 said:
This message appears during BIOS/POST before Windows Setup or after Windows Setup has started? If it's during POST, then it's just your BIOS querying your Jmicron controller, probably your eSATA ports like my board, and stating there's no drives found.

If it's actually in Windows Setup, then your 3GB/s SATA ports are on the Jmicron controller it seems and those are the drivers you need to have Windows Setup load to complete this fiasco. Also, in BIOS can you find any settings for Jmicron anything and chagne it to run in IDE or Compatible mode? If so, this may avoid having to get drivers until later in which case you can get Windows installed and then perform the registry tweak I linked before after installing all the controller drivers after you install Windows.

My thoughts exact. Although the message is during POST. and I can't find anything in my bios regarding this "jmicron" fella. I'm back to square one.

October 17, 2011 7:52:47 PM

arson94 said:
Yea, you're board doesn't have IDE ports so you'd have to acquire an SATA DVD drive. Was it the ATAPI drivers from the thread you linked there or was it your board's actual SATA drivers that you tried to load into setup? Man, I sure do ask alot of questions haha

I tried the ATAPI drivers.

Il give the SATA drivers a go then -.- jesus christ im so sick of this shitty problem -.-
October 17, 2011 7:52:53 PM

Nevermind, according to hardocp.com your boards is setup as follows:

"4 SATA II 3Gb/s ports and 2 SATA III 6Gb/s ports (RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and 5 capable) on the Intel P67 controller; 2 SATA III 6Gb/s ports on the Marvel controller; 2 e-SATA 3Gb/s ports on the JMicron controller"

Only the eSATA ports are on the JMicron controller, like my board.
October 17, 2011 7:53:28 PM

really......have you tried plugging into the marvell satas instead???
October 17, 2011 7:54:47 PM

badtaylorx said:
have you tried plugging the drives into the sata ports that AREN'T jmicron???

Nope, I have 0 clue of what a jmicron even is. And needless to say, which ports has it and dont.

I plugged both my SATA drives into the 3GB/s Blue ports on my mobo, I have navy blue ports and gray aswell. If you got any suggestions on which is which, gimmi
October 17, 2011 7:55:43 PM

any one exept the ones you're on now

try the grey ones for snits ahd giggles
October 17, 2011 7:56:05 PM

elyo said:
I tried the ATAPI drivers.

Il give the SATA drivers a go then -.- jesus christ im so sick of this shitty problem -.-

Haha, me too! Ok so according to what I found, posted above, all of your 3GB/s ports are on the Intel P67 controller along with 2 of your 6GB/s ports. So, installing just the Intel P67 controller drivers should be sufficient. Don't forget to change the SATA mode back AHCI and your SATA controllers back to Enhanced. Actually, you might not have options to change for your controllers when you set AHCI mode back.

According to hardocp.com your boards is setup as follows:

"4 SATA II 3Gb/s ports and 2 SATA III 6Gb/s ports (RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and 5 capable) on the Intel P67 controller; 2 SATA III 6Gb/s ports on the Marvel controller; 2 e-SATA 3Gb/s ports on the JMicron controller"

Only the eSATA ports are on the JMicron controller, like my board.
October 17, 2011 7:59:17 PM

wow that was quite the info-dump.

I have one question, Will these old sata-drives be able to even function on 6GB/s port?
and you are right Arson, I dont have the options after i choose AHCI

So what do I do now, change my SATA ports or go and find some drivers to download.
October 17, 2011 8:04:32 PM

all of those drivers require windows for install

i think the ones you're after are the chipset drivers tho
October 17, 2011 8:04:54 PM

badtaylorx said:
do you have a windows7 disk........

walmart has a 50 dollar usb dvd drive......

buy it ......

install windows......

return it!!!!!

sata is backward and forward compatible

I have a windows 7 image file on my external HDD, and I live in Norway, so Walmart is far away, And usb drives here are rediculously priced.
and be honest, installing from USB should be very do-able. Ive done it loads of times, with this exact USB drive. But ive never had any problems at all

October 17, 2011 8:05:43 PM

badtaylorx said:
all of those drivers require windows for install

i think the ones you're after are the chipset drivers tho

FML
October 17, 2011 8:09:34 PM

your obviously on another computer close to the one your working on.......is booting instaling from your lan (networked) an option???
October 17, 2011 8:12:55 PM

badtaylorx said:
your obviously on another computer close to the one your working on.......is booting instaling from your lan (networked) an option???

Never tried this. but I would guess it is. Any idea on how to do so?

I will try to change my drives into another sata port now. brb
October 17, 2011 8:16:09 PM

only done it once a few years back on my mothers old sony viao laptop...busted dvd drive .......there was no usb but a "network" option in the boot priority menu in bios
October 17, 2011 8:23:25 PM

changed my sata drives to the 6gb/s and no change.

I dont have a network option in my bootmenu if thats what you mean
October 17, 2011 8:29:12 PM

Burn the mother ****** !!!!

EDIT: lol sorry, give me a min and I'll think of something else.
October 17, 2011 8:30:56 PM

OK what the ***... I just experienced the wierdest *** ive ever seen....

I took the USB stick and put it into this computer (which im typing on now)
to see if it was the Windows that was fucked.

It worked fine there, so i stuck it into my new computer again. and now...it works.

someone explain to me how the hell that can happen.

Thanks everyone for the help. Its been a long day and I am finally pleased :) 

oh ***...jinx
October 17, 2011 8:40:54 PM

i hacked in and fixxed for you......that'll be 350 $

jk

good luck

bTx
October 17, 2011 8:41:26 PM

Ha, I've been there before. I experience the same with random other problems here at work and I can't say that I have any better answer for you than you already have. I'm glad you got it working, even though our many suggestions/experiments and couple hours of posting were completely irrelevant and of no use lol. At least it works!!!
!