Bad pci slot??

solidussnake

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
i have a pny 7900gs and cannot get video output. I can get the fan to run wihen power is not plugged in put when placing the card when it is pluged into power the power supply won't turn on at all the computer works fine at low res with the onboard video but will not work at all with the power hooked up the card cannot be found at all when the molex is plugged into the card. Im worried that the card may be fried or even worse the pci-e slot. I tried putting another video card in the computer from my main computer and it didn't recognize i put it back in my main computer and it will not show video in bios only when windows load is it a bad slot??

solidussnake

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
also i couldn't get the driver software to recognize on the old video card in old computer tried card in new computer recognized but as soon as it is finished installing in the new computer if fails is that software or hardware??? and im wondering if why it won't turn on becasue the power supply isn't powerful enough but the card did used to work in the old computer