Sign in with
Your question
Closed

After adding second palit 560 ti card system would not boot up!!!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
August 18, 2011 12:16:40 AM

Ok, the day is finally here where i got my second 560 ti card to add to SLI. Everything had been working perfectly. I uninstalled drivers, shutdown, and plugged in second card a slot over from the other 560 Ti. I had to use two pcie adaptors and connected the two 6 pin pcie connectors to the other free power supply connections. I then hooked up the sli bridge. When i tried to turn on power button it lit up for a second then died,,,,just friggin died. I dont know what the deal was, so I removed the second card and jus tried booting with single card...and computer still will not start...absolutely NOTHING happens when i hit power button. What in sam hell have I done???? Please someone help!!!!
August 18, 2011 12:19:06 AM

Also, this is a brand spankin new build and I have had ZERO problems...

2600k i7 3.4 Ghz
AsRock P67 Extreme 4 MB
8 GB GSkill Ripjaw 1600 Mhz
1 TB Seagate HDD
Corsair 750TX
PALIT 560 Ti 2GB x2
Windows 7 64 bit

The only 'old' piece of hardware here is the PSU...about 2-3 years old. Even though it has been a damn nice PSU, and I was pretty sure it was more than enough juice to power two 560Ti cards, I am thinking that adding the second 560Ti somehow over-stressed the PSU, causing it to short-circuit and die, thus me having no juice at all when trying to turn on power button. This is truly frustrating, because I had high hopes for running a badass SLI setup :( 
Score
August 18, 2011 8:31:51 PM

Help someone please??!
Score
!