Constant BSOD - Urgent Help Needed.

dnwl

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011
First off all I would like to apologise if this is in the wrong forum / forum section. It was the one which I saw suited the topic best.

The problem:

I posted here two months ago asking for advice on what CPU to get for a future build.
Now I have built the entire PC; it works fine. Well, apart from the constant Stop Errors I am getting.

Whenever I power the machine on, its about 20 minutes before it crashes and shows me the infamous blue screen.

Some of the most common errors include:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

I also get a few BSOD's which contain no specified error.

The specifications of the PC are:
ASUS M4A87TD (Not the EVO or the USB3, just the normal M4A87TD).
Phenom II x4 980 @ 3.7Ghz
8GB Corsair XMS3 1333Mhz (2x4Gb)
GTX 550 Ti
Atrix 650w PSU
Samsung Spinpoint 1TB HDD
Samsung SH-S223C 22x SATA DVD RW

I have run memtest86 for about an hour on both modules of the RAM. No errors were conceived on either of them.

I would really, really appreciate any advice, fixes or solutions anyone can give me. I planned on this PC lasting me a good two/three years before needing an upgrade.

Thanks,

Dan.

dnwl

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011

I haven't tried installing Windows on a newer hard drive yet, i'll give it a go.

Thanks. :)

g-unit1111

Titan
Yeah it sounds like a driver or a Windows issue, what graphics drivers are you using, and have you replaced the video card at some point or another?

I had that same motherboard and I got BSODs constantly when I tried upgrading the RAM or replacing anything like a video card, I eventually had the whole thing replaced.

dnwl

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2011

Nope, i built the PC on the 15th of October.
So the Gtx 550 is the only card that has been installed on the board.

I have the latest drivers for the Video card and the Motherboard.
Edit: Oh. Well I kinda regret buying a 2500k haha. I might purchase another one and see if that remedies the situation.

mickey21

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
In my experience, the CPU is the least likely to be the issue. I would start with removing one of the sticks of memory and seeing if the issues go away and repeat test with second stick of memory and so on. Memtest86 is a memory error confirmation tool, it is not full proof end all error tester, it is not 100%. Next I would try a reseat of all the RAM/CPU. Next I would try another HDD with a new install of Windows. No need to delete your install, just try another HDD with from scratch install, use another copy of Windows if possible. Next if possible, I would try to get the motherboard replaced if easy to do. I would think by then you should discover your issue. If not, make sure no other accessories except for mouse and keyboard are present and if errors after that, use a different keyboard and mouse as well. Good luck.