Sign in with
Your question

Could this damage other components.

Last response: in Components
January 17, 2012 5:12:43 PM

Recently had a boot problem and it was thought to be either the motherboard, PSU or GPU. So I thought this was the ideal time to move to a intel system. Therefore I have bought a 1155 motherboard and 2600k, now I wanted to keep the GTX 460 superclocked and the Corsair Professional HX750w series but these could be the problem. Now I was wondering if I did put these in my new rig would it cause damage to other components.

Any input is helpful ;0)

More about : damage components

a c 104 ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
January 17, 2012 5:29:56 PM

Test them in known good systems before moving them across
if the Psu is damaged then yes, potentially it can fry the new kit,
but a multimeter will show you the supplied voltages,
Moto
January 17, 2012 6:43:01 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Test them in known good systems before moving them across
if the Psu is damaged then yes, potentially it can fry the new kit,
but a multimeter will show you the supplied voltages,
Moto

I don't have another system thought... the other system would boot just not post, is that any help all fans and hd's would boot but no image on the screen. Any other ideas dude.
Related resources
January 17, 2012 6:59:14 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
got another gfx card to test in the new system?
Theres a troubleshooter over in homebuilt section that you can run through
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/288241-13-read-post...
Moto

This is where I'm at, a computing crossroads. I looked at the trouble shooting however I have no onboard speaker. Surely the Corsair is not going to break in 9 months of not overclocking, surely. I think it is either GPU or MOBO but I have no way to test my theory.
a c 104 ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
January 17, 2012 7:02:48 PM

Thats a bind, if you have no parts to swap out, and no mates to borrow parts from, then I'd take them to a shop and ask them to test/faultfind
but the Psu shouldn't be an issue
off to work, I'll check back in the morning mate
Moto
January 17, 2012 7:21:09 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Thats a bind, if you have no parts to swap out, and no mates to borrow parts from, then I'd take them to a shop and ask them to test/faultfind
Moto

Alright then cheers for you help. I can't see it's the PSU. I mean it's 11 months old. So when I get the new motherboard and 2600k, I will use onboard graphics. Then if that does not work then I suppose it's PSU...Would I just take the PSU to the shop and test it? or the whole system?

Cheers Cain.
January 18, 2012 5:37:09 PM

Motopsychojdn said:
Moto

Did you check back? Sorry to be a hassle. Do you have any last thoughts on the matter in hand. The HX series has many voltage regulators so I'm sure it should be colourful, however your are by far the more experienced one here!
a c 104 ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
January 18, 2012 5:40:29 PM

I did but didn't have a response,
sorry man, I should have at least said hi hehe

I don't see the psu being a problem, but a local shop should test it at a reasonable cost
as I said though, the ideal scenario would be maybe borrowing a mates pc and swapping the parts to check they all work in other systems
Moto
a c 275 ) Power supply
a c 117 V Motherboard
January 18, 2012 5:54:22 PM

Have you tested the ram in your rig?
January 18, 2012 8:22:05 PM

davcon said:
Have you tested the ram in your rig?

Yer tried to boot with one stick but did not work, but a few months back the pc would not come out of sleep which i what made me think it was the bios or mobo. what do you make of it?
a c 104 ) Power supply
a b V Motherboard
January 18, 2012 8:44:11 PM

If it didn't work with that one stick, then that stick is a problem, maybe not the only one but its one to deal with regardless
Moto
!