Sign in with
Your question

Computer shutdown each time faster

Last response: in Components
January 17, 2012 7:09:50 PM

Hi guys !

Yesterday i was working normally on my computer when it suddenly turned off. Tried to turn on but fans spined just for 2-3 sec and than shutdown.Opened the case and cleaned it again and removed all of the fans for a nice cleaning. Finished and tried to turn on but the same thing this time up to 15 sec than shutdowns.Each time i turn it on it stays even less seconds ! I let it for a few hours turni it on and it stays 20 sec than shutdowns. And repeats the same thing again :S Each time less uppin time.

Checked the psu w/ another comp and it worked well.Cant find any info about that mobo but is a HP computer bought 8 years ago so hard to find in the internet.

So what ca i do ? Thank You
January 22, 2012 11:30:52 PM

If it is not the PSU, then it pretty much has to be a bad motherboard component such as a capacitor or voltage regulator. Time for a new motherboard.

If you list the model number of the PC I may be able to help locate a replacement mobo.
January 23, 2012 11:19:09 AM

Ok thank you i dont wanna waste money on that so ill just get a new pc :) 
January 23, 2012 1:02:52 PM

Even better. If you decide to build you own, you can use the form over in the new build section to ask for help.

Good luck.
!