Crazy taxi/Crazy taxi 2 redux....

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

Well, I picked up an old Dreamcastt for 30 bucks, and Crazy
Taxi one and two, and I have to say I am very damn
impressed, and addicted to it :) However, I don't find my self playing
the game "normaly" nearly as much as spending time preforming STUNTS!

This game is absolutly perfect for this kind of thing, and Crazy
Taxis 2s jump feature really adds to the game (try it with the fancy
greenhouse/garden at the park in Around Apple :) I've also
spent plenty of time in both games seeing how many cars I could
push into the water, or in that nook (where the mimes and businessmen
usualy on) between the sides of the freeway in Around apple before the
timer runs out.

I have a few other observations, questions, etc about the game,..

* Once, I managed to push a bus into the "ocean" in the first one. It
couldn't get back on the road, but instead went *under* it, and
the roof of the bus stuck up *through* the roadway! I managed to get a
simaler effect in CT2 when I pushed one of the long busses into the
nook I mentioned earlier.

* Some of the other stunts I like to do in CT/CT2, is jack knife
trucks, leap into the busses parked at the convention center in
CT2, ram dumpsters, phone booths and other objects and push them down
the road over a long distance (and watch the subway/train hit
them :), roll parked vehicles so they block traffic, and pounce on
the cars. (makes it much easier to push them into the water, off the
freeway, etc en masse. MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA >:)

* In CT2, in Small Apple, next to the bus terminal, some of the
buildings have a patio facing the river/ocean, which looks like
it could be driven on. Tward the road/bus terminal, there is a
foyer sticking out which seems to thwart my attempts to jump onto
the patio. Im interested ion this, because if I could get on the
patio, i could get over the concrete barrier that prevents the player
from driving far out into the river/ocean (the barrier is right next
to the patio at a 90 degree angle.) Has anyone ever managed to use it
to get over the barrier in the ocean, and what happens when you manage
to drive to the buildings in the distance?

* If you use the "outside view next to driver's door" view cheat in
CT2, (put a controller in port 3, hold start on that controller, and
use the y x a b keys to select different camera views), and drive up
next to the wall so the wall is right next to the driver's side, you
can see what's behind that wall (usualy just blank space).

* yes, the engine is nice, but still imperfect. I've seen roofs,
concrete posts, parts of the roadway, etc come up *through*
the floor of my vehicle! It's quite easy to do this on purpose :)

* On the same note, if you manage to ram and knock a bus over, on
it's side, you can actualy drive through the top half of the vehicle,
as if was some kind of hologram. I noticed the same thing with cars
from the windshield up. Odd. This dosen't happen when the vehicles
are\in any other position.

* I don't supose there is any way to knock over the trains? :)

OK, it's late so I'll wrap up here now, but if you finaly put away
your copy of CT/CT2, yoiu might want to give some of the stunts a try.

Archived from groups: rec.games.video.sega,alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

> I have a few other observations, questions, etc about the game,..
>
> * Once, I managed to push a bus into the "ocean" in the first one. It
> couldn't get back on the road, but instead went *under* it, and
> the roof of the bus stuck up *through* the roadway! I managed to get a
> simaler effect in CT2 when I pushed one of the long busses into the
> nook I mentioned earlier.

Have you ever tried jumping into the ocean yourself? You can drive for
quite a ways...reminds me of 4X4 Evo...the way they'd let you do that.

Bel
--
Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"...we traveled together...east, always into the east."
- Marius, Diablo II

Latest posts