Sign in with
Your question

WebcamXP Pro Bandwidth Limiting?

Last response: in Networking
Anonymous
November 19, 2010 2:03:16 PM

Hello,
Does anyone know how to set up or how to limit the bandwidth on WebcamXP? Also i would like to know what happends if im broadcasting via WebcamXP and loads of people start watching?, Whatever the answer is i need to prevent this?

Cheers EveryOne
I really appreciate this as its taking up alot of time to figure out

George
November 19, 2010 8:05:24 PM

do have a router?

Look into the QeS settings of the router.
Related resources
November 19, 2010 10:57:00 PM

you can limit the bandwidth to half you upload speed via WincamXP.

Plus you can prioritize bandwidth usage in your router using QeS settings.

I did not find any settings to limit the amount of connections when broadcasting.
Anonymous
November 20, 2010 11:55:02 AM

Okay thanks for the reply, do you know of any software like WebcamXP that can limit the connections? Also do you know how to use the limit bandwidth feature in webcamXP?

Im looking into the QeS settings now.

Cheers
November 20, 2010 2:08:20 PM

If you know you upload speed of you internet connection, set it to no more then half of that.

www.speedtest.net

Ex. if it the download speed is 0.75 mbps, set it to 380 kbps in WebCmaXP.

Anonymous
November 20, 2010 9:30:37 PM

Thanks that great! Seeing as you know quite alot about the webcam business do you know of a software that takes a picture and uploads it to a FTP server ( Your prob thinking yeah there f***ing loads out there) But only when somone is watching, so that it is not using bandwidth unnecessarily?

**do you know of a software that takes a picture and uploads it to a FTP server But only when somone is watching, so that it is not using bandwidth unnecessarily?**

Cheers, I have asked everyone and knowone seems to know
George
!