Metro 2033 extreme lag...

cyborg132

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me out here. For some reason I can max out all the graphical options for Metro 2033 with barely any lag, however the second I switch antialiasing to MSAA 4x I get extreme lag. My drivers are all updated and I believe my system should be able to handle the game maxed out with a decent frame rate, however I may be wrong.

Here are my specs:

Processor - Intel i5-2500K @ 3.3GHz
Video Card - MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC
Ram - 8gb Kingston

Running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

cyborg132

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011

Thanks I'll check it out, but ye it feels almost like the FPS drops to 10 or less. Maybe I should overclock it, perhaps that could help in making the game run smoother?

no doubt GTX560 Ti is a good card but metro is a few games out there that are meant to punish your card (other than the original crysis and crysis 2 with all it's enhancement). you can overclock but don't expect massive performance boost from it. in general you can only expect 5% to 10% boost from overclocking.

celpas

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2010
I lol at u trying to play Metro with a 560Ti and trying to run 4*MSAA at the same time,

also check if u have enabled PhysX, cause that will suck even more GPU power
Honestly I don't find physx to be demanding at all.I own a gtx 275 and i7 870 nad I run metro 2033 at high settings WITH physx on (running on my CPU) and I get all those special effects without even a slight drop in fps :D

I don't believe Metro 2033 really does, unless you turn on PhysX along with DoF. Crysis 2 doesn't have PhysX and Metro 2033 doesn't need it. Have you tried to see a difference with and without GPU accelerated PhysX turned on? I have and I can't see a difference.

TRENDING THREADS