Solved

Metro 2033 extreme lag...

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me out here. For some reason I can max out all the graphical options for Metro 2033 with barely any lag, however the second I switch antialiasing to MSAA 4x I get extreme lag. My drivers are all updated and I believe my system should be able to handle the game maxed out with a decent frame rate, however I may be wrong.

Here are my specs:

Processor - Intel i5-2500K @ 3.3GHz
Video Card - MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr II/OC
Ram - 8gb Kingston

Running on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about metro 2033 extreme
  1. what is your gaming resolution? metro 2033 is well known to eat even the fastest gpu available today for breakfast when you crank up the setting such as MSAA
  2. renz496 said:
    what is your gaming resolution?

1920x1080
  3. Best answer
    you can look here for reference in metro performance:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_560_Twin_Frozr_II/16.html
  4. though the gtx560ti is a powerfull card...that resolution and with AA turned in metro 2033 is too much for it...
  5. renz496 said:
    you can look here for reference in metro performance:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/GTX_560_Twin_Frozr_II/16.html

Thanks I'll check it out, but ye it feels almost like the FPS drops to 10 or less. Maybe I should overclock it, perhaps that could help in making the game run smoother?
  6. no doubt GTX560 Ti is a good card but metro is a few games out there that are meant to punish your card (other than the original crysis and crysis 2 with all it's enhancement). you can overclock but don't expect massive performance boost from it. in general you can only expect 5% to 10% boost from overclocking.
  7. A different review.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/04/25/msi_n560gtxti_hawk_video_card_review/7

1080 with AA it just to much for the GTX560. It might be a memory issue, but I think its probably just to much.
  8. Disable physx, DoF and MSAAx4

Should run 50+ fps then
  9. Quote:
    I lol at u trying to play Metro with a 560Ti and trying to run 4*MSAA at the same time,

also check if u have enabled PhysX, cause that will suck even more GPU power

Honestly I don't find physx to be demanding at all.I own a gtx 275 and i7 870 nad I run metro 2033 at high settings WITH physx on (running on my CPU) and I get all those special effects without even a slight drop in fps :D
  10. True, well thanks for all the help. I gotta say I'm kinda surprised that Metro 2033 requires more out of your system then Crysis 2 (even with all the latest patches).
  11. cyborg132 said:
    True, well thanks for all the help. I gotta say I'm kinda surprised that Metro 2033 requires more out of your system then Crysis 2 (even with all the latest patches).

I don't believe Metro 2033 really does, unless you turn on PhysX along with DoF. Crysis 2 doesn't have PhysX and Metro 2033 doesn't need it. Have you tried to see a difference with and without GPU accelerated PhysX turned on? I have and I can't see a difference.
  12. Best answer selected by cyborg132.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Lag Graphics