List of games compatible with microphone?

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

Well after an exhausting search I actually picked up a STEAL, Seaman with mic
sealed for 12.95 plus 3.00 shipping on ebay. Of course I was so excited when
it came in the mail that I literally dropped my Dreamcast with the game in it
and now it's so badly scratched and the system is so out of alignment that I
can only get it to run 1 out of 3 times. Good thing I'm an old school gamer.
I'd be PISSED if it was an Xbox :)

So anyway.....Seaman is actually pretty boring right now. I'm sure it'll get
better once the little bastards grow up but right now I'm bored as hell. So in
the meantime, are there any other games that the MIC can be used for ?

Mike

MikeCouil wrote:
> So anyway.....Seaman is actually pretty boring right now. I'm sure it'll get
> better once the little bastards grow up but right now I'm bored as hell. So in
> the meantime, are there any other games that the MIC can be used for ?
>
> Mike

Try it with Mr. Driller. More fun than it should be.

benstylus wrote:

> MikeCouil wrote:
> > So anyway.....Seaman is actually pretty boring right now. I'm sure it'll get
> > better once the little bastards grow up but right now I'm bored as hell. So in
> > the meantime, are there any other games that the MIC can be used for ?
> >
> > Mike
>
> Try it with Mr. Driller. More fun than it should be.

Wait...are you serious...does it really work with Mr. Driller? The only other game I
knew of that it was compatible with was Alien Front Online and Propeller Arena(even
though we'll never get the chance to try it).

Bel
--

Whip Ass Gaming: http://www.whipassgaming.com/

"Suddenly aware of my presence, the Elder Gods transformed me into their servant and
gave me a new purpose: To prevent the Dragon King from merging the realms."

- Scorpion, Mortal Kombat: Deception

ted

Distinguished
May 25, 2001

MikeCouil wrote:

> Well after an exhausting search I actually picked up a STEAL, Seaman with mic
> sealed for 12.95 plus 3.00 shipping on ebay. Of course I was so excited when
> it came in the mail that I literally dropped my Dreamcast with the game in it
> and now it's so badly scratched and the system is so out of alignment that I
> can only get it to run 1 out of 3 times. Good thing I'm an old school gamer.
> I'd be PISSED if it was an Xbox :)
>
> So anyway.....Seaman is actually pretty boring right now. I'm sure it'll get
> better once the little bastards grow up but right now I'm bored as hell. So in
> the meantime, are there any other games that the MIC can be used for ?

Not in the way Seaman used it (well, Christmas Seaman, but that doesn't
count). If you shout "DRILL" in Mr. Driller, he'll go down, but you
still need a controller for directional control. Outtrigger supported
the mic for talking diring online play, as did Alien Front Online, but
you're a bit late to the party for that. A version of the US browser
supported online speech in a thing called Dreamchat, but I'm not sure
that is still running anywhere, and even if it is, you probably don't
know anyone who has it to talk to on it.

BelPowerslave wrote:
> benstylus wrote:
>

>>MikeCouil wrote:
>>
>>>So anyway.....Seaman is actually pretty boring right now. I'm sure it'll get
>>>better once the little bastards grow up but right now I'm bored as hell. So in
>>>the meantime, are there any other games that the MIC can be used for ?
>>>
>>>Mike
>>
>>Try it with Mr. Driller. More fun than it should be.
>

> Wait...are you serious...does it really work with Mr. Driller? The only other game I
> knew of that it was compatible with was Alien Front Online and Propeller Arena(even
> though we'll never get the chance to try it).

Yes, it works with Mr. Driller. Try it - you'll probably start by just
shouting drill over and over, but you'll end up shouting obscenities at
Susumu in no time.

If any game can teach you to curse like a sailor, it's Mr. Driller w/
Microphone!

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast (More info?)

> > Wait...are you serious...does it really work with Mr. Driller? The only other game I
> > knew of that it was compatible with was Alien Front Online and Propeller Arena(even
> > though we'll never get the chance to try it).
> >

> Yes, it works with Mr. Driller. Try it - you'll probably start by just
> shouting drill over and over, but you'll end up shouting obscenities at
> Susumu in no time.
>
> If any game can teach you to curse like a sailor, it's Mr. Driller w/
> Microphone!

Well, there is "SWAT" on XBox, with the headset. I yell at my teammates all day long in
that one...;)

Bel