System Beep Instead of the correct sound in control panel

Hello All,

I have a very annoying problem with the sounds on my
windows xp pro pc.

Everytime a receive an email or add/remove my pocket pc
from its dock, the system speaker BEEPS very loud.

I have looked in the 'Sounds and Audio Device' settings
in control panel and all of the events are set to play a
nice .wav. Even when I press the preview button
in 'sounds and audio devices' the correct sound plays.
(I think I may have some corrupt reg keys.)

But still everytime a get a new email BEEEEP! It driving
me crazy, help!

Resources for Troubleshooting Sound Problems in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307918&Product=winxp

[Courtesy of the Microsoft Knowledge Base]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"Gary McDonald" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| Hello All,
|
| I have a very annoying problem with the sounds on my
| windows xp pro pc.
|
| Everytime a receive an email or add/remove my pocket pc
| from its dock, the system speaker BEEPS very loud.
|
| I have looked in the 'Sounds and Audio Device' settings
| in control panel and all of the events are set to play a
| nice .wav. Even when I press the preview button
| in 'sounds and audio devices' the correct sound plays.
| (I think I may have some corrupt reg keys.)
|
| But still everytime a get a new email BEEEEP! It driving
| me crazy, help!

kelly

Hi Gary,

Fix the Ding.wav File (Line 6)

To use the Regedit: Save the REG File to your hard disk. Double click it
and answer yes to the import prompt. REG files can be viewed in Notepad by
right clicking on the file and selecting Edit.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"Gary McDonald" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I have a very annoying problem with the sounds on my
> windows xp pro pc.
>
> Everytime a receive an email or add/remove my pocket pc
> from its dock, the system speaker BEEPS very loud.
>
> I have looked in the 'Sounds and Audio Device' settings
> in control panel and all of the events are set to play a
> nice .wav. Even when I press the preview button
> in 'sounds and audio devices' the correct sound plays.
> (I think I may have some corrupt reg keys.)
>
> But still everytime a get a new email BEEEEP! It driving
> me crazy, help!

Hi Gys/Gals,

Thanks for the feedback, but the problem still persists. Does anyway have
any more ideas?

TIA

www.gmditsolutions.com