Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Rumor - Minolta 5D

Last response: in Digital Camera
Share
Anonymous
April 12, 2005 2:45:51 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Latest rumors are that Minolta will release a 5D (this fall)
before a 9D (next spring). Don't know if this info is correct
or not, but it appears that the 5D won't have antishake:

http://www.cyberfoto.pl/viewtopic.php?t=13735

More about : rumor minolta

April 13, 2005 12:50:21 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Bill Tuthill" <can@spam.co> wrote in message news:425c094f@news.meer.net...
> Latest rumors are that Minolta will release a 5D (this fall)
> before a 9D (next spring). Don't know if this info is correct
> or not, but it appears that the 5D won't have antishake:
>
> http://www.cyberfoto.pl/viewtopic.php?t=13735
>
Scroll further down and see this entry (copied and pasted):

And63
no niestety ale Guido83 to zwykly jajcarz ktory w koncu przyznal ze
sciemnia:

"Alright, true, I made this up. But this is what we want, isn't it? And boy,
if KM could stick to this, would they be back in the game!
I don't think it's impossible to create a DSLR that is as affordable as the
5D I made up. Let's just see what happens.
P.S. I'm sorry if I gave anyone the impression this was a REAL post. But I
don't think I did. You all seem to be clever enough..."
April 13, 2005 2:02:32 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"Bill Tuthill" <can@spam.co> wrote in message
news:425c094f@news.meer.net...
> Latest rumors are that Minolta will release a 5D (this fall)
> before a 9D (next spring). Don't know if this info is correct
> or not, but it appears that the 5D won't have antishake:
>
> http://www.cyberfoto.pl/viewtopic.php?t=13735
>
Speculation with no basis in fact.

The biggest fact is KM is losing money, they project a 16 billion Yen loss
in 2005, with projected sales down by 70,000 digital cameras. I doubt KM
will release 4 new dSLR (4D,5D,8D and 9D) as the web forum suggested. Sales
on the 7D are disappointing...
Related resources
Anonymous
April 13, 2005 11:01:59 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Darrell wrote:

> "Bill Tuthill" <can@spam.co> wrote in message
>news:425c094f@news.meer.net...
>
>
>> Latest rumors are that Minolta will release a 5D (this fall)
>> before a 9D (next spring). Don't know if this info is correct
>>or not, but it appears that the 5D won't have antishake:
>>
>> http://www.cyberfoto.pl/viewtopic.php?t=13735
>>
>>
>>
>Speculation with no basis in fact.
>
>The biggest fact is KM is losing money, they project a 16 billion Yen loss
>in 2005, with projected sales down by 70,000 digital cameras. I doubt KM
>will release 4 new dSLR (4D,5D,8D and 9D) as the web forum suggested. Sales
>on the 7D are disappointing...
>
>

Look how overpriced it is. KM has never been in the same class as Canon
or Nikon.

>
>
>
>
>
>
April 13, 2005 11:02:00 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

"measekite" <measekite@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:H0e7e.1819$t85.1407@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com...
>
> Look how overpriced it is. KM has never been in the same class as Canon
> or Nikon.
>
KM is about a year old, so your point is moot...
Anonymous
April 15, 2005 3:53:56 PM

Archived from groups: rec.photo.digital (More info?)

Darrell <dev/null> wrote:
>
> The biggest fact: KM is losing money, they project a 16 billion Yen loss
> in 2005, with projected sales down by 70,000 digital cameras. I doubt KM
> will release 4 new dSLR (4D,5D,8D and 9D) as the web forum suggested.
> Sales on the 7D are disappointing...

Perhaps that explains the 7D's drop in price.

Here is a picture, perhaps fake, of the Maxxum 5D. Do you recognize this
as a 7D with some of the writing altered? Certainly I would not expect
the 5D to have so many knobs.

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00...
!