Sign in with
Your question

Freezing during load test

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
January 18, 2012 1:04:32 AM

Hello, i got a problem with my computer freezeing during "burn in's Maximum cpu temperature test"

My Cpu is at about 55 degrees max. under 100% load, but after a while it freeze up and i have to press the reset button. even tho i rarely experience it during games. it still annoys me to know something's not right.

My specs

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM
Display Devices: ATI Radeon HD 5770
PSU: CORSAIR VX 550W
Motherboard: SABERTOOTH P67 B3

At first i thought it where a heat problem and changed the stock i-5 cooler for a Corsair h-60 and it didn't solve the problem.

I hope there is someone out there with a pro tip. thank you.

More about : freezing load test

a c 145 à CPUs
January 18, 2012 1:39:08 AM

check the bios for what it selected for memory specs and then set them to what they should be for the stuff you have.
m
l
January 18, 2012 12:49:38 PM

Thanks for the reply Popatim. But I dont really know how to do this, and i cant seem to find anything about it.
m
l
Related resources
January 18, 2012 1:02:35 PM

In the BIOS depending on the version, you will find memory timings and voltage readings for adjustment. I don't think that is your issue though. To clarify is this CPU been overclocked? Have any other changes been made? Why are you trying to burn in the CPU?
m
l
January 18, 2012 1:17:33 PM

@captjack5169 Its never been overclocked, i ran the burn in test to see if my H-60 where functioning properly. the only thing i changed in the BIOS is you can set the settings to either Asus optimal, Asus Normall and Power saving mode. Now changing back to normall mode from the optimal one solves this freezing issue. so it might be some asus settings thats messed up?
m
l
a b à CPUs
January 18, 2012 1:26:34 PM

Hi kekie,

Like others have suggested, failure (or freezing) during a stress test usually means your CPU isn't getting enough voltage. If the asus preset for "Power saving" is too low, it might be causing the lock ups.

Another thought would be to set the voltage manually in the BIOS to see if it is stable. 1.3 vCore would definitely be enough for a 2500k at stock speeds.
m
l
January 18, 2012 1:39:31 PM

Yeah i guess its the voltages thats something wrong with, im just too noobish to overclock it myself, without asus's owns settings. ill have to read up on some stuff and try to learn more. Thanks for all your inputs its been helpfull.
m
l
!