Trying againg...can I change title bar? drop Verizon DSL?

I submitting 2 questions yesterday, and received an email
in my hotmail address, but could not locate the site I
was given. I am very frustrated. Start over...can I
change the title bar in IE? I no longer have Verizon
DSL, but their name remains even under new hotmail/.Net
Passport account. My current provider says they cannot
change it. What do you know? PLEASE?
Ty,

Changes the Title Bar Text in Internet Explorer
http://www.dougknox.com/cosmetic/scripts_desc/chgietitle.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"CabanaRoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

|I submitting 2 questions yesterday, and received an email
| in my hotmail address, but could not locate the site I
| was given. I am very frustrated. Start over...can I
| change the title bar in IE? I no longer have Verizon
| DSL, but their name remains even under new hotmail/.Net
| Passport account. My current provider says they cannot
| change it. What do you know? PLEASE?
| Ty,

Thank you so much, Carey! And to you Norman, if you're
seeing this. I couldn't open these responses from either
of you. Then I tried to reply (which I wanted to do
anyway to thank you both), so I saw your messages in this
respond box. Whatever! I am psyched. I will try right
now with what you suggest here, Carey, then I'm delving
deeper (if I'm still feeling large!), and checking out
what Norman had to allow further down the thread.
You guys rock.
If no one else has said this, please let me say it here,
and shout if from the highest mountaintop...If Verizon
DSL ever comes knocking, RUN, don't walk! Hear me people!
Thanks again...looking forward....
I'll be back

---------------------------------

>"CabanaRoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message:

>|I submitting 2 questions yesterday, and received an
email
>| in my hotmail address, but could not locate the site I
>| was given. I am very frustrated. Start over...can I
>| change the title bar in IE? I no longer have Verizon
>| DSL, but their name remains even under new
hotmail/.Net
>| Passport account. My current provider says they
cannot
>| change it. What do you know? PLEASE?
>| Ty,
>.

Hello again Team...
Unfortunately, I did not have success with either the 'Doug Knox' method, or using what N Miller suggested earlier to "regain my identity". Carey, the address you gave me couldn't be found. I've tried many times over to get there.
I also tried to 'Run' file... rund1132.exe iedkcs32.dll... and the file could not be found. I'm back to feeling very inadequate, not to mention totally boiled about this monster Verizon DSL. I must be doing something wrong. When trying to reinstall Windows XP using the CD that came with my Dell, it asks for my certificate of authenticity and I found a 25 digit # on the box containing all of the CD's, and another on one the back of my monitor. Neither one was recognized! ??
If you can stand it, could you and any others out there, that might have a little pity
please help me again?
One more, why on God's green earth would Microsoft enter into such a relationship with Verizon? It's beyond me, and will be even more so, as soon as I can do something about it.
Again, many, many thanks to all!

"CabanaRoo" wrote:

> Thank you so much, Carey! And to you Norman, if you're
> seeing this. I couldn't open these responses from either
> of you. Then I tried to reply (which I wanted to do
> anyway to thank you both), so I saw your messages in this
> respond box. Whatever! I am psyched. I will try right
> now with what you suggest here, Carey, then I'm delving
> deeper (if I'm still feeling large!), and checking out
> what Norman had to allow further down the thread.
> You guys rock.
> If no one else has said this, please let me say it here,
> and shout if from the highest mountaintop...If Verizon
> DSL ever comes knocking, RUN, don't walk! Hear me people!
> Thanks again...looking forward....
> I'll be back

Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful again with losing Verizon. Carey, I tried the Doug Knox site, but it couldn't be found - after several attempts. I also tried to run..... rund1132.exe iedkcs32.dll...(maybe I didn't quite read that one correctly), as suggested by N Miller, and that file could not be found. I have to be doing it all wrong.
If you can stand it, and anyone else out there, would you please give me another shot at helping myself? I'm very thankful to you either way.

"Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

> Changes the Title Bar Text in Internet Explorer
> http://www.dougknox.com/cosmetic/scripts_desc/chgietitle.htm
>
> [Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect your PC!

> "CabanaRoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:
>
> |I submitting 2 questions yesterday, and received an email
> | in my hotmail address, but could not locate the site I
> | was given. I am very frustrated. Start over...can I
> | change the title bar in IE? I no longer have Verizon
> | DSL, but their name remains even under new hotmail/.Net
> | Passport account. My current provider says they cannot
> | change it. What do you know? PLEASE?
> | Ty,

I do know that if you download the spyware removal
program Spybot Search and Destroy you are able to change
it from there.

Thank you, thank you....every one of you. I'm on it right now...

"sparkles" wrote:

> I do know that if you download the spyware removal
> program Spybot Search and Destroy you are able to change
> it from there.

Download the 30 free trial version of System Mechanic
(www.iolo.com), then install it. Afterward, launch
System Mechanic and click on:
System > Customize Windows Settings > Internet Explorer
and use a blank caption or your own, then click apply.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect your PC!

"CabanaRoo" <CabanaRoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message:

| Unfortunately, I was unsuccessful again with losing Verizon. Carey, I tried the Doug Knox site, but it
couldn't be found - after several attempts. I also tried to run..... rund1132.exe iedkcs32.dll...(maybe I
didn't quite read that one correctly), as suggested by N Miller, and that file could not be found. I have to
be doing it all wrong.
| If you can stand it, and anyone else out there, would you please give me another shot at helping myself?
I'm very thankful to you either way.

Doug Knox's site works fine from here, the link Carey provided, also
works fine - you may have more problems than you realize. The Title
branding, done in IE, OE is can be done with the IESDK or you can edit
the registry directly (don't know the key right off hand - Google it)
and either delete it or change it to whatever you like.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service
"CabanaRoo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I submitting 2 questions yesterday, and received an email
> in my hotmail address, but could not locate the site I
> was given. I am very frustrated. Start over...can I
> change the title bar in IE? I no longer have Verizon
> DSL, but their name remains even under new hotmail/.Net
> Passport account. My current provider says they cannot
> change it. What do you know? PLEASE?
> Ty,

kelly

You will receive that error message when the Window Title entry is not
there. Make the change manually:

Go to Start/Run/Regedit and navigate to this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main

In the right pane scroll down to Window Title, double click it and change
accordingly.

--
All the Best,
Kelly