Sign in with
Your question

H77 vs. Z75

Last response: in Motherboards
November 17, 2012 2:54:19 AM

I was just wondering, am I going to be missing anything in a Z75 board that the H77 has? I know the H77 is kind of a cheap budget board, but since the Z75 is only $10 more, I'm thinking it must be missing something as it seems to offer so much more for only a small increase in price. Also, I plan to pair it with an i3 for now, but I want to get an i5 2500k or 3570k in a few months, so the overclocking is a nice feature. I will also be using this build for gaming if that matters.

More about : h77 z75

a c 87 V Motherboard
November 17, 2012 3:29:41 AM

Look here at link for differences: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155 Z77 vs. Z75 vs. H77 Chipset

There are several differences in Intel's chipset designs. One of them is that all of these processors support Intel's Smart Response technology which is used for SSD caching. Only the chipsets with a "7" as the last number support this. On the other hand, processor overclocking is only available to the chipsets that begin with a "Z".

All Ivy Bridge motherboards natively support 14 USB ports, 4 of which are USB 3.0. In addition memory overclocking on Ivy Bridge goes up to 2800MHz vs. the 2133MHz previously supported.
m
l
November 17, 2012 3:44:38 AM

bigcyco1 said:
Look here at link for differences: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGA_1155 Z77 vs. Z75 vs. H77 Chipset

There are several differences in Intel's chipset designs. One of them is that all of these processors support Intel's Smart Response technology which is used for SSD caching. Only the chipsets with a "7" as the last number support this. On the other hand, processor overclocking is only available to the chipsets that begin with a "Z".

All Ivy Bridge motherboards natively support 14 USB ports, 4 of which are USB 3.0. In addition memory overclocking on Ivy Bridge goes up to 2800MHz vs. the 2133MHz previously supported.

Thanks, I have already read that Wikipedia page, I just want to make sure that I'm not missing anything. I don't plan on getting an SSD, yet anyway, so which one of those two do you think would be best? Oh, also, somewhat unrelated, but how can I use USB 3.0 if my case doesn't support it, how do I know if it has rear panel USB 3.0? My case said it had USB 3.0 on the Antec website, but the box says otherwise and now Antec have changed it on their website.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
November 17, 2012 4:02:27 AM

The blue usb ports on the motherboard are USB 3.0 Ports.

The support for USB 3.0 ports on the case itself should have a thick rubber cable instead of regular usb ports cable (it's plugs into a 14 or 16 pin slot on the motherboard i think)
m
l
!