EVGA GTX 560 Ti damaged on arrival

wildey89

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2010
Hi,

Before I begin, I would like to make it clear that I'm a complete noob when it comes to computer components, so please bare with me.

I received my 560 Ti today in the mail. When I opened it I found this part:

gpu3-1.png

protruding from the anti-static bag and it also appeared to be bent, as pictured below:

gpu2.png

gpu1.png

Now, firstly I would like to ask whether this can be corrected, and whether or not the card will function with this defect (assuming nothing else is damaged). And secondly, it obviously requires quite a bit of force to bend, and so I'm worried that there's a high possibility that other parts of the card may be damaged, too. Would you try and correct this, or get a replacement?

Thanks

phishy714

Distinguished
May 16, 2011
lol that is just a metal piece that helps secure the card to your computer case so it doesn't move. Get some pliers and bend it back slowly and try not to break it off.

It does make you wonder what it was that bent that though. Test the card, stress it using software and run your games and see if it works. At the first sign that something is messed up with it, I would return it, cause obviously whatever bent that piece did something else to the card.

Otherwise, I don't think there is much to worry about. Just bend it back very slowly as to not break it ans enjoy!

toxin440

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2011
Yup - just the metal bracket that is used to secure it to the case.

I would suggest using TWO pairs of pliars to bend it back.

One set to hold onto the "base" unbent part, and the other pair to actually do the bending on the messed up part. That way you put zero stress on the board itself.