Under $1500 Gaming Build

mikevs

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2010
What do you guys think? I will add the actual link but will list the parts here

CPU- Intel Core i7-2600K (Sticking with 2600K will not go with i5 I enjoy the hyper threading and the boost in multi-threaded performance)

PSU-Rosewill HIVE Series HIVE-750W

GPU-MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr III PE/OC GeForce GTX 570

RAM-G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

CASE-COOLER MASTER Storm Scout Mid Tower Case

CPU COOLER-Thermaltake Frio

OPTICAL DRIVE-LG Black 12X BD-R with LightScribe

HDD-SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM

MOTHERBOARD-MSI P67A-GD65 (B3) LGA 1155 Intel P67

I already have a keyboard, speakers, monitor, and mouse

Here is the link- http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=24898748

Also, I don't plan on using water cooling and Also, I still am not fond of SSD's at this point. Until they drop in price and become cheap like HDD's I will not purchase one unless absolutely necessary, I really don't care of boot up performance.

But, how does it look now? Also, any tips on building the pc without problems? This is actually my fist build from scratch. I have updated my video card, put a new layer of thermal paste, changed fans, ram, and HDD"s but have not started from all new parts. Any tips for it going smoothly without problems. I already plan on building it on a flat static free surface and using a grounding strap, but the last thing I need, is for something to fail or break something to send parts back unless they are defective on arrival.

Would be great to hear what you guys think. Thanks

battlemarz

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2008
First glaring thing. Change that power supply. Rosewill is not a quality brand. I always recommend Corsair or Seasonic, especially at your price point.

Also, RAM with silly fins may cause problems with heat sink. Try to make sure your chosen cooler and motherboard won't end up interfering with RAM.