Black and white picture using Sony LCD screen with Creamca..

Archived from groups: alt.sega.genesis,alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast,uk.games.video.dreamcast (More info?)

I'm getting a black and white picture when plugging either my Megadrive
Mk1 or Dreamcast into my Sony LCD screen (KLV-17HR2) using an RGB SCART
cable. The Dreamcast picture is fine except that it's black and white,
the Megadrive picture is black and white, slightly saturated contrast
and there are thin vertical lines up and down the screen.

They do show up on the LCD TV as being RGB sources (there's a symbol
that appears briefly in the top left corner of the screen that tells me
this).

Both work fine (RGB, full colour) with my ancient Sony Trinitron 14" CRT
TV. Both also work fine with my Philips Widescreen CRT TV.

Even stranger, my Sega Saturn and PS2 (cough) work fine with their RGB
cables and the LCD screen, i.e. full colour & sharp picture. It's just
the Dreamcast and Megadrive that don't seem to work properly.

All of the above consoles are UK PAL, as is the LCD screen (although it
is NTSC/60Hz compatible).

Can anyone explain?

Archived from groups: alt.sega.genesis,alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast,uk.games.video.dreamcast (More info?)

> Can anyone explain?

Does it have two scart sockets ? Try the other one... not all scart
sockets are fully wired

Colin Wilson wrote:
>>Can anyone explain?
>

> Does it have two scart sockets ? Try the other one... not all scart
> sockets are fully wired

It only has one SCART socket.

Archived from groups: alt.sega.genesis,alt.games.video.sega-dreamcast,uk.games.video.dreamcast (More info?)

> > Does it have two scart sockets ? Try the other one... not all scart
> > sockets are fully wired
> It only has one SCART socket.

I`m stumped then :-(