Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

How will this stuff work in my PC?

Last response: in Components
Share
January 18, 2012 3:43:54 AM

So i rushed into buying a computer (sadly) and want to upgrade the PSU and Graphics, just to run games. I dont care about running them on ultra settings, just mid level and run smoothly. (Mainly MMO games).

my comp is : http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume...

I had these in mind.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks for any help.

More about : stuff work

a c 274 ) Power supply
January 18, 2012 3:50:21 AM

That power supply is terrible i recommend you don't buy it.
The 6670 doesn't require external power.
I'd order the card and try it out first.
You might not need a psu.
If you do experience issues with the card then it indicates you'll need a better psu.
m
0
l
January 18, 2012 4:03:26 AM

My current PSU is only 250w though. Dosent seem like enough.
m
0
l
Related resources
a c 274 ) Power supply
January 18, 2012 4:11:38 AM

Gnardog said:
My current PSU is only 250w though. Dosent seem like enough.

Well your cpu is relatively low power 65W = I doubt your full system is using 150W max.
The 6670 doesn't require auxillary power.
Quality low cost psu's.
CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
COOLER MASTER GX 450W
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
Seasonic SS-400ET 400W
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=30145&vpn=SS%2D400ET&m...
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
January 18, 2012 5:43:58 AM

Gnardog said:
So i rushed into buying a computer (sadly) and want to upgrade the PSU and Graphics, just to run games. I dont care about running them on ultra settings, just mid level and run smoothly. (Mainly MMO games).

my comp is : http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Docume...

I had these in mind.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Thanks for any help.

What is your monitor resolution?
m
0
l
January 18, 2012 5:59:21 AM

1920x1080 max

60hz
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
January 18, 2012 6:51:30 AM

Gnardog said:
1920x1080 max

60hz

The 6670 wont do for this resolution. You have to get at least a 6770 to have decent graphics performance at 1920x1080. But if you can not afford it, you can go as low as a 6750 which could be as cheap as a HD 6670 but with higher performance.

The PSU's you listed all have only 1 PCIe power connector. It will support the HD5770/6770 which also require only 1 PCIe power connector. But bear in mind there is not much room for upgrade later on a ~400-450W PSU.

m
0
l
January 18, 2012 7:03:24 AM

Thanks, one more thing i need to get straight.

My case is a mid size atx, motherboard has a 24 pin connection ( currently using 20). An ATX12v will fit and work correct?
m
0
l
a b ) Power supply
January 18, 2012 8:11:09 AM

Sure. In fact, the ATX12v is the ideal PSU for your motherboard which as you mentioned have 24 pin connections.
m
0
l
a c 274 ) Power supply
January 18, 2012 3:28:39 PM

Gnardog said:
Thanks, one more thing i need to get straight.

My case is a mid size atx, motherboard has a 24 pin connection ( currently using 20). An ATX12v will fit and work correct?

That's correct,modern units have 20+4 main power connectors.
The units i listed will power better gpu's like the 5770/6770 in your system.
m
0
l
!