Mobo 64 bit or 32 bit?

Mobo12

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
Hi,

I'd like to know if I have a 64 bit mobo or 32 bit one.

I did a little searching myself and here are the results.

Step 1:
Start>All programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Information
This shows:
System type: x-86 based PC

Step 2:
Start>Control Panel>Performance Information and Tools>View and print detailed performance and system information (just below the base score)
This shows:
System type: 32-bit operating system
64 bit capable: yes

I know the OS is 32 bit. I'd just like to know if the motherboard is 64 bit or not. :)

Thanks in advance.

Mobo12

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

I'm not much knowledgeable about these stuff. As far as I know, I can have a max of 4GB of RAM. I don't have 4GB RAM now, but I'm quite sure there are 2 slots for RAM, and one slot has a 2GB stick. If you guys suggest, I can add another 2 GB. I just want to know because I'm planning on a clean installation of OS. And my primary priority is Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects CS5. I need these two just to practice for my course.

I have tried CPU-z. But all those info are way beyond my understanding.
Shall I upload the text file it generated?

Chances are if you already have 4GB (3GB~3.5GB usable) you have both DIMM slots (RAM slots) filled with 2x2GB.

RE: Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects CS5
The T4400 is going to be really slow and 3.5GB vs 4GB or 32-bit vs 64-bit isn't really going to make any difference for those Adobe applications. For real-time transitions you need a discrete CUDA GPU and 16GB+ of RAM is recommended. Also, the slowest current CPU will run circles around your notebook.

In the example below all the info that's needed is your Chipset and Southbridge (if applicable):
softwares-cpuz-03.jpg

Mobo12

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012

I'm quite certain I have 2 GB RAM (confirmed by Speccy). One of the slots is empty, I've checked myself. Naturally, there has to be a single 2GB stick installed. Besides, I never thought about installing 64 bit before, I never needed it!

I already have an i5-desktop with 16 GB RAM and a GTX 580 graphics card. But recently problems started in it and it is taking quite some time to be resolved. I feel I should have a temporary alternate for now and in case a similar incident happens again. That's why I thought of using my old lappy. Its a temporary substitute, not a permanent solution. I just need to use it in case something happens to the desktop again.

Do you think its possible to add a graphics card to the laptop? I mean the GTX 580 I have, is it possible to use it in the laptop? And will it make any difference at all? Or do you suggest any other change. To be honest, I don't want to spend too much on a temporary substitute...

As I said before, I'm not much knowledgeable about these stuff.

So I can use 64-bit software?

Since I'll have to add another 2 GB RAM, which one would you guys prefer?