Sign in with
Your question

ASUS Rampage III Extreme Boot problem

Last response: in Motherboards
November 17, 2012 10:11:13 AM

after my computer have been turned off, it does not find my "Boot media".
I press "Ctrl Alt Del" once to make it try again, and it starts up just fine. This happens every time and have been this way for over a year now.

I would love to get my computer to start corect every time but I am stuck at this moment.
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
a c 716 V Motherboard
November 17, 2012 12:28:38 PM

If your 'Boot' drive is connected to a data-only SATA port then you'll have this issue.

Don't use the Marvell SATA ports. Also, if the problem continues using the only the Intel SATA ports then try the following:
1. This can happen if you changed from IDE -> AHCI mode; run 'Fix It' or manually modify the registry (Start = 0); see - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922976
2. Clear CMOS, if the BIOS becomes corrupted then all sorts of oddball things can happen and the simplest fix is to Clear CMOS:
Unplug the PSU for 5 minutes (discharge the PSU), press-in the Clr CMOS (at back IO) button for 5+ seconds, plug-in the PSU, boot into the BIOS, Press F5 (Load Defaults), add whatever BIOS changes needed e.g. SATA -> AHCI, etc, Press F10 Save & Exit = 'Yes'.

Intel® ICH10R controller : <== Use one of these SATA ports for your boot drive and it's best is to use SATA 1-4 ports.
6 x SATA 3Gb/s port(s), gray
Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10

JMicron® JMB363 controller :
1 x eSATA 3Gb/s port(s), green
1 x SATA 3Gb/s port(s), black

Marvell® PCIe 9128 controller : *2
2 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), red

*2: These SATA ports are for data hard drives only. ATAPI devices are not supported

/ATAPI is something like an ODD (DVD drive)./
!