Sign in with
Your question

Having odd noise in my headset

Last response: in Components
January 18, 2012 6:19:30 AM

It's not a proper sound card issue as such, as it is an onboard sound card issue, but it didn't really fit in elsewhere.

Anyway, I'm having this weird sort of high pitched 'scraping' sound in my headset. It's not a headset issue, as the problem persists regardless of headsets. My motherboard is an Asus P5K-E/WIFI-AP, P35, Socket-775 and I am on Windows 7. The problem also persisted across Windows versions and driver updates.

What is odd about this high-pitched, scraping sound, is that it often follows my movement if I play a computer game. When I tilt the view to the left or right, up or down, the sound will be affected from it, and change pitch. It also reacts to scrolling down in a browser.

I've endured this for a long time, but it's starting to drive me crazy. I have tried to update the drivers, but to no avail.

Does anyone know what may cause this? I'd buy you a muffin and a cup of coffee if you could help me.

More about : odd noise headset

January 18, 2012 6:35:45 AM

There is probably dust or some junk inside of your audio jack for your board. Try cleaning it out, btw buy me a blueberry muffin :3
m
l
January 18, 2012 6:58:44 AM

I've tried that, but no results. Also, the odd thing is still that it reacts to mouse movements, so no muffin for you... yet! :) 
m
l
!