jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
It's the only e-mail that people can get responses from, though not often. I e-mail them hate mail nearly every other day or so. This new threat against companies who try to dispute the patents, that rambus gained illegally in an open forum and is trying desperately to hold on to, is the most assinine desperate move of all. I hate this company so much. Anyway email at
info@rambus.com
Maybe we'll bug them enough to change the address, at least we'll know we got to them.
BOYCOTT RAMBUS!!!

Josh

"Are you saying that I can dodge bullets?"

Tempus

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
Right on!(I hate that expression, but couldn't think of anything else). I have already been doing the same thing for quite some time and believe everyone else should too. Although I feel kind of bad promoting "hate mail".

- "I forgot my shirt, but I had body glitter."

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Agreed, but it's hate mail for the greater good of all the computer industry. Per Rambus' new threat- if micron (for example) looses the court case Rambus could say micron could no longer make any memory using their patents. ie. sdram ddrram etc. If a company who makes 15+% of all the ram we buy is suddenly no longer allowed to make it or has to pay way more to rambus to make it, can we all imagine how high ram prices would go up. Rdram may actually end up being cheaper and that is the beginning of the end.

Josh

Tempus

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2001
Your right, we cant let that happen or i might feel the need to setup picket lines outside Rambus' doors. (I have the power to do it!)

- "I forgot my shirt, but I had body glitter."

mpjesse

Splendid
Hey dude- relax. RAMBUS will die soon enough when the Intel DDR chipset is released. They've already dug their grave man. Notice they have NOT released any new types of memory or faster memory since RDRAM came out? Kinda strange huh? Rambus does suck though.

-MP Jesse

PS, just be careful with the flame mail man- they may try to sue.

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Actually they're coming out with "pc1000" as soon as they can get a board to carry it, and I don't know if you've noticed, but many people are now paying rambus to make sdram and ddr ram, so when the new pentium ddr chipset comes out, they still make money, no real change there, and if they win any of their patent court cases it can be said that no pc ram can be made without paying rambus money. They have not dug their own grave, their just waiting to be crowned king or shot in the head. It really will be all or nothing, but the threat is not small.

jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I promise to only move this up once. Rambus has th potential to screw us all right now, and I really think we should all let them know.

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I hate rambus. I want them to go away for no real reason. I don't want the bastards to make regular memory prices go up though. I do however want faster memory that is truly faster with no BS and no certain circumstances. I hope more mature DDR chipsets will get a better performance increase than just 20%. Maybe PC150 chipsets will become available or DDR PC150 giving us 300MHz memory (although not really double)
Well all I can do is hope until I can learn to make ram and make a difference.
:-D

G

Rambus is on the burner. Stock value is crashing 3-6 percent every day. Rdram is no good and neither is the company making it.

Those who do not know, speak. Those who are silent, know.