ANTEC 1200 Help with Corsair H80 Placement

bigj1985

Distinguished
Mar 12, 2010
Hey guys I was hoping someone would be able to assist me with my Graphics card placement with an H80 installed in my Antec 1200:( The case consists of 2 120mm fans on the backside top of the case along with a huge "big boy" fan at the top back right above these 2 120mm fans. When I mount the radiator for the H80 on the top 120mm fan it seems there is not enough room for my second fan right beneath the radiator. By like a **** hair Lol. This has forced me to put my radiator on the bottom fan which is fine and dandy. However this has also forced me to put my GTX 570 in my X8 bottom slot instead of my top X16 slot:( I really do not wanna be minus a back exhaust fan. So here are my questions......

1)Has anyone else with an ANTEC 1200 encountered this problem? And if so what did you do? Were you able to mod it somehow?

2)Do you think a GTX570 would be bottlenecked at all by an X8 slot?? When I OC my core to 900mhz on my 570 it freezes or encounters an error in 3DMARK11. However I have seen many many people online with the same version 570 as me go to 980 core with 0 voltage bump. So I'm wondering if maybe the X8 is the culprit of the freezing.

3)Would it be worth it for me to just lose a back fan? I say if the 570 is not being bottlenecked at all in the X8 slot I will leave as is.

Thanks for any input guys:)

deadjon

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
There are tons of people online who have had a similar issue with the H100 and the big boy fan at the top, their solution was to get a H80 instead, it fits perfectly fine on the top-rear 120mm fan.

I suggest you check youtube vids and FAQs, this is definatly one of em. Or at least be intuitive, file the top of the plastic bit on the bottom fan off even, simple modifications like this are what make things work.