Searching good all purpose keyboard

masryp

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010
hello

i cant decide what keyboard i should by, it needs to be comfortable, and useful for all purposes.
i cant choose out of the following:

microsoft ergonomical 4000 (wired)
logitech mk710 wireles desktop
logitech k350 wireles
anybody a suggestion

This is so much a personal preference that you really need to physically try them out to see if they "feel" right to you, have the "click" you like, are comfortable to your hands, and have features that you like.

I like the Logitech G15 for gaming (has easy-to-use macro keys and backlit keys)) and the MS Digital Media Pro keyboard for general use.

masryp

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2010

i use a zboard fang for gaming (fps).
i am not a pro gamer and dont use macro, the thing i don't know is what is the reliability of wireles keyboards.
because i see mostly very good reviews for logitech mk710 wl desktop, buth is it also reliabel.
i also llike the design of the logitech k350 , again is wireles reliabel.
Can you answer that for me?
thanks anyway

No, I have no experience with wireless keyboards; I prefer wired - no missed strokes.

imperialguard22

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2012
I really like the razer lycosa, not really expensive, sturdy, and has lasted me 4 years of heavy gaming and button mashing. The keys have a nice back light and good grip and theres an audio touch controller.

Also comes with decent profile macro software

Salt

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2012
I really like my Microsoft 4000 keyboard. It took a lit bit to get used to it, and I wish the hotkey utility allowed me to create different types of macros than just program launching (certain special characters would be nice), but its a good unit. I initially did not care for the curve. I had a split key that did not have the curve for years from Micro Innovations, and it was a fantastic keyboard that survived 9 years of heavy *abuse*. Its replacement will not survive anywhere near that long.

The downside? Keep it the heck away from water/soda/tea. These are not the most durable things, they are pretty much impossible to take apart, clean, and put back together. If they ever made of these I could put through the dishwasher to keep it clean I would a happy camper. (They are getting closer, but it wont be made my Microsoft when it happens).