Board:
Asus Sabertooth 1366
CPU:
Core 980 i7 3.33ghz
Memory:
24gb Corsair Dominator
Graphics:
Msi 2gb 6970

Firstly because im running such large triple channel memory this is causing boot up probs via the bios ive tried to update but still having the issuse of having to push the mem ok button each time to boot up? any help on this?

My second little question my boot up time is still very laps due to using 500gb sata hdd im looking at a new pci ssd card to elimate my bottle necks but my graphics card is that big it covers the PCIe slot on the motherboard am i still going to be able to get one of these and fit it can you use one in an unused graphic card slot?

Just buy a normal SATA SSD. What are you memory settings? I know my board refuses to work at rated settings of 1600 MHz 9-9-9-24. It works at 1400 9-9-9-24. And I only have 3x 4GB on an EVGA board and i7-920.

Depending on how fast the card is, you can install it in the bottom x16 slot. That slot is only a x4 slot. All the PCI-e SSDs I have seen are x4 anyway.

That said, you have 2 SATA 6 ports(light grey color) that can be used with some of the newer SSDs. This may also be a good option for you.

As for the memory, if it has an XMP profile, you may wish to enable it. 6 large capacity sticks sometimes require more voltage to both memory and VTT(think it was VTT). Forget the one, but it is normally in the XMP profile for memory. Watch when adding the XMP option in the bios as some boards overclock with it on(My old H55 board did, my old X58 did not).

This. I'm running +150mV (~1.29V) on the VTT and 1.19 on the NB Vcore to stabilize my 12 GB set of RAM. This is a first gen first stepping i7 though, yours should be better.

custombuild

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
Ive been looking at the 2.5 ssd for some time but on my research ive found you still get the 1.5gbs lag through the sata 6 ports and can still get bottle necks, The pci ssd elimates every bottle neck hence my prefence plus no extras wires or the need for the hdd adaptor also pci ssd is stated to work at higher read write speeds perfect for my impaitence lol :)

Ive tried to lower the memory speed to 1333 but still no joy on the boot up ive looked thro for an xmp profile but can not find one, looks like for the first time im gonna have to read the instructions word for word on a mobo lol, as at min i cant even find the volatge setting for memory. Although im not sure why i should have any problems with my 1200w psu.

What happened to plug and play lol i plug but the computer does not play lol.

custombuild

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
OK scratch that ive found the xmp profile it gets better, ive treid a few different methods here but still this same annoying problem????

each time ive entered the xmp profile, saved and exited it its done exactly the same thing its like which ever i try its not actually saving to the bios???

fuzzykiss

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2011
24 gigs...really? you won't ever use 12 gigs..24 gigs is way overkill, try running 12 gigs and see if that doesn't solve the problem.

custombuild

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
well i was trying overkill so i had triple channel on the second gen core to save any bottle necks on latency plus with video conversions running cod black ops like as i constantly have this habit of how much can my pc multi task at once lol, so far i use 17% or ram just looking at the screen saver, but hell 12gig sell the rest if it solves the problem why not give it a shot but will it slow down my 6 cores and memory speed for process putting it on the single channel memory load?

custombuild

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
ok even when ive taken 12gig out im still geting the same problem it doesnt matter what i set the bios stats at as soon as i save and exit its at it again its not saving my bios profile at all ive tried to up all the voltage setttings but once i hit f10 im back to square one?