Suggest a budget dedicated sound card

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
im having a 5.1ch ENTEk company speaker ..im using an onboard sound card which is realtek hd ..i fell that im not getting a very good experience with my onboard sound card does adding a dedicated sound increases the sound quality to a much greater level than a onboard card, if it is pls suggest me a good budget dedicated high quality sound card for lowest price like 10-15$
pls note that im having only one pci-e 16x slot and others are pci- e 1x slot

For $10-15, any dedicated sound card you get will be just as bad, or worse, than your current onboard codec.

Save up a bit more and get yourself an ASUS Xonar Dx.
It is an excellent sounding card that is reasonably priced.

And what ever you do, avoid Creative's over-priced, under-performing cards.

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

pls see this link ..i have a problem with my speaker http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/324137-28-speaker..what about the below sound card is this good
Asus Xonar DG PCI Sound Card will this sound card fit with this mobo intel DH67VR with this sound card will this headset be best for the money :Creative Headset HS-150

Well, the two budget options that offer the best performance:

ASUS Xonar DG (~$25 or so)
ASUS Xonar DS (~$45 or so)

The DG is meant more for headphones that require an amp; the DS is a more capable all around card. The ASUS Xonar D1/DX, however, is the most well-rounded budget card on the market (~$80).

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

asus xonar dg is the max budget i can pay if not max is 30$ pls suggest under that..if the card mentioned is not good ..i use my system with my 5.1ch speaker ,headphone and even my sennheiser ipod headphone to hear only music.is there any problem with the card i mentioned.. im using only intel dh67vr mobo will this sound card fits into this mobo and note that the pci-e x16 is occupies by amd 6950 card i have only one pci connector..and what about this one Creative Sound Card SB Audigy Value 7.1 it also costs same as asus dg..

to be honest unless your board is pretty old its pointless spending less than £/$50 as you will likely get something that sounds no different to your on board and certainly wont hardware processing. you may get 5.1 if your lucky but more likely you will get 2.1 or 4.1
stay well away from creative audiology unless its audiology 2 but then theres little difference between that and realtech ac95/97 apart for some really low grade eax that is outdated now.

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011

so what u are saying ..whether to stick with my onboard sound card or buy a Asus Xonar DG PCI Sound Card and fit in my intel dh67vr board..i already have a 10.1 channel compatible onboard sound card which is realtek..if i buy a sound card i will be using using it with my entek 5.1ch system or my creative 20$ headset..