Solved

Will asrock z77 pro3 rocks with i5 2500k?

guys i already post 3 threads for choosing a mobo (sorry)
now that's my last and the last thread for choosing a mobo
so my question is can i oc 'Intel i5 2500k' with 'ASRock Z77 Pro 3 Motherboard' ?
will it support my ati 6670 1gb ddr5 graphic card and 'my Corsair Vengeance DDR3 4 GB' OR 'G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 4 GB' Ram?
will it support multiple gpu like nvidia and ati ? (ignore and leave it if it is not so much important)
is it a good mobo?
having a very hard time deciding on the best motherboard......I am open to any other suggestions in medium cheap price.
i am a noob about those computer hardware stuffs........so this is my 1st time to a build a pc by myself
So guys please try to elaborate and give me suggestion for mobo.....
THANK YOU in ADVANCE
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about will asrock pro3 rocks 2500k
  1. Yes you can fit and OC the i5.
    Yes it will support the GPU and memory if it is 1600mhz maximum(you can OC the ram up to 2800+)
    This board only supports crossfire x2 or quad amd GPUs.
    It is a nice board.
  2. About the only drawback on the ASRock Z77 Pro3 would be how well it handles the extra voltage when overclocking. This may make the board less stable over a board with higher quality capisitors that are used on higher end boards.
  3. If you don't have the 2500k yet get the 3570k as it is much faster and not much more expensive. Also motherboard wise I prefer Asus, but ASRock is a great value. Not the highest end though.
  4. Quote:
    If you don't have the 2500k yet get the 3570k as it is much faster and not much more expensive.

"Much faster" is quite hyperbolic and quite an exaggeration (realistically, 5-10% faster over the 2500K, at the same clocks), but otherwise, I agree.
  5. ASRock makes great boards. I have used most brands and use ASRock exclusively now. I would bump up to the Extreme 4. Yeah, its more money, but you get what you pay for. As for the cpu, either is a good choice, the extra dough for the 3570k is worth it in my opinion.
  6. mobo:GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128544#top

mobo:ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131837#top
  7. i decided to go with asrock z77 pro3....coz it almost got everything in cheap budget...but my last question is will it fit well with my old (frontech xilo cabinet) cabinet....or i have to spare some money to buy a new one?
    my cabinet pics attached.........(image quality is very low as i barely capture from my phone)
    " class="img lazy">
    inner space of my cabinet
    " class="img lazy">
    and
    can i play dx11 games with intel i5 2500k(because its sandy bridge)? or i should go with 3570k to play dx11 games(coz its ivy bridge)?
  8. This topic has been moved from the section CPU & Components to section Motherboards & Memory by Mousemonkey
  9. Yeah, that case should be fine, an no need for the 3570K for DX11, as long as you're using a discreet GPU (which you are). The 2500K is just fine for DX 11 (because I have a DX 11 capable GPU, I have no issues playing DX 11 games).

Which DX version your system is capable of is only dependent on your GPU.
  10. It should fit in that case, but I would consider a new, better case when you can afford one. This one is cheap http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119243 but you will need to add a fan to the front too for decent cooling. I used those cases in my old folding farm and for the money they are decent.
  11. Best answer
    Great board for the price got one myself and it overclocks like a charm 4.6Ghz with my 2500k on air with the smallest increase in voltage.
  12. kenny3105 said:
    Great board for the price got one myself and it overclocks like a charm 4.6Ghz with my 2500k on air with the smallest increase in voltage.

Good to know!! :D, I'm planning to buy this mobo because of the price and looks really good.., I have the i5 2500k and I have been reading a lot and it's not worth it to jump to I7 3770k, too much money and for gaming it's not a very big jump. My doubt is which is a good and cheap cooler, which one do you use and or recommend ?
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Intel i5 Product