New build triple display

rab2011

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
im wondering how u connect a radeon hd6850 to 3 monitors??

do i just connect the 2 X dvi connectors to 2 X monitors and then use a displayport to hdmi or dvi for the 3rd monitor?

sorry if this the wrong section but ust in the middle of building a new pc and wanna make sure this is possible before i buy the monitors

thanks

rab2011

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
yeah i noticed that it had to be an active displayport wasnt sure if that worked as i read that it had to be a monitor with a displayport.

Ninja Pants

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
OK so there are three options for an eyefinity set-up: 1 use an active adaptor to provide the third clock for the third monitor; 2 use a displayport monitor with a built in clock / DAC; and, 3 use a FLEX card which has an inbuilt third clock generator.

The first is the cheapest and most used. I dont quite understand your question, regardless of whether you use DVI-HDMI-DP or DVI-DVI-DP or DVI-DP-DP or whatever combination the above still holds. So in any of the combinations I listed above you will still need an active adaptor to connect the third screen.

g-unit1111

Titan

That wouldn't affect the cost of the display only the size would. I'd second the recommendation of using a Sapphire Flex card - you can add multiple displays in HDMI or DVI (with DP adapter) with relative ease.