HiS Radeon HD 6870 Causes desktop and open windows to flicker

Kushfogg

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
Hello new to the forums here but I am desperate for help. I recently purchased an HiS Radeon HD6870 Model Number H687F1G2M and it worked fine for about a month. Now anytime I watch any type of video whether it be avi,mpeg youtube or whatever my desktops icons start flashing repeatedly along with any windows I may have open. If I click on the tol bar, the blinking stops until I click on the desktop or any open window. Does anyone know what may be causing this? I have an asus crosshair 3 mobo with 8 gigs of OCZ AMD Black Edition Ram AMD Phenom2 x2 550 cpu OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and AMD Phenom with an Enzotech Extreme-X Rev.A 120mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kushfogg

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2011
Btw, I've tried HDMI, DVI and VGA connections and they all do it. The only way to stop the flick is to go HDMI AV mode instead of HDMI PC mode. The AV mode leaves all text blurry and nearly unable to read though. Also forgot to add my monitor is an Viewsonic VX2433wm.

G

The same here. Lowest glitches on the 11.4 so far... 11.8, 11.7 or 11.6 are giving me glitches on the top or left-right part of the screen. 11.4 only horizontal black lines and flickering of the Chrome's refresh icon on the active Tab, after triggering flickering, of course (by Flash player in browser, in my case)

This is totally new PC:

PSU CoolMaster 460W
Phenom X6 1090T
M4A87TD/USB3 ASUS motherboard
Radeon HD 6790