1055t to 2600k?

Hello people =)


Just ordered my 2600k yesterday and I'm really exciting, but will I see a difference in rendering times from the move from the AMD 1055t to the 2600k. I think I will try to get it to 4.2GHz (Stock Volts maybe?). Will the difference be rather large?

Current:
AMD Phenom II X6 1055t
ASUS M4N75TD
Noctua NH D14
8GB 1600mhz RAM
Superclocked GTX 460
Corsair HX750w PSU

New PC :P :P
2600k
ASROCK Extreme 3 Gen 3
NH D14
8GB 1600mhz RAM
Superclocked GTX 460
Corsair HX750w PSU

Will I see a difference at stock? Any idea on the voltages for 4.2 on 2600k

Again loads of questions, but cheers again =)
18 answers Last reply
More about 1055t 2600k
  1. It probably won't be much different. Maybe get a 20% increase in speed at the most.
  2. Looks like someone is going to be having a lot of fun. Since I just got word on this and you are talking about overclocking I will share it with you.

    http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/ It appears that we have released a protection plan for overclockers or our unlocked processors like the Intel® Core™ i7-2600K. For $25 on the Intel Core i7-2600K you basically get one replacement for whatever reason.

    Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team
  3. IntelEnthusiast said:
    Looks like someone is going to be having a lot of fun. Since I just got word on this and you are talking about overclocking I will share it with you.

    http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/ It appears that we have released a protection plan for overclockers or our unlocked processors like the Intel® Core™ i7-2600K. For $25 on the Intel Core i7-2600K you basically get one replacement for whatever reason.

    Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team


    Is the deal on for UK residents though?
  4. esrever said:
    It probably won't be much different. Maybe get a 20% increase in speed at the most.


    Nice way to kill the excitement lol.
  5. majorgibly said:
    Is the deal on for UK residents though?


    The FAQ http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/BsiFaq.aspx

    Q20.) Are there any countries where the Plan is not for sale?
    A20.) Yes, there are several countries where the Plan cannot, for legal reasons, be sold. These countries are Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.

    So I guess the answer is yes you should be able to get it in the UK.

    Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team
  6. IntelEnthusiast said:
    The FAQ http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/BsiFaq.aspx

    Q20.) Are there any countries where the Plan is not for sale?
    A20.) Yes, there are several countries where the Plan cannot, for legal reasons, be sold. These countries are Burma (Myanmar), Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria.

    So I guess the answer is yes you should be able to get it in the UK.

    Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team



    Cheers again dude, last question Say if I do go a little to far do I send the CPU directly back to intel. I could not find the answer in the FAQ but then it is 11pm and a long hard day.
  7. You treat it just the same way that you would normal issue with the Intel Core i7-2600K. Call technical support for your area and tell them that you have a problem processor and would like to return it. With the protection plan they should allow you to set up an RMA with any worries. So if you have the plan you should be able to tell them that you were trying to overclock it and they set up the RMA.

    Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team
  8. IntelEnthusiast said:
    You treat it just the same way that you would normal issue with the Intel Core i7-2600K. Call technical support for your area and tell them that you have a problem processor and would like to return it. With the protection plan they should allow you to set up an RMA with any worries. So if you have the plan you should be able to tell them that you were trying to overclock it and they set up the RMA.

    Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team


    Dude it means a ton! Thanks so much! I will make sure everything works and will take a look into the plan on the weekend.

    Again thanks = )
  9. majorgibly said:
    Nice way to kill the excitement lol.

    the 6 core thuban is a pretty good cpu lol.
  10. esrever said:
    the 6 core thuban is a pretty good cpu lol.


    Surely 2600k at 4.2 will be more than 20% difference. This CPU cost me good money lol
  11. well the OC will help but real world performance the i7 really is only so much faster.

    In threaded tasks the stock i7 is only about 10% faster than the 1055t so.

    i7 is 1.2x faster per clock with 1.5x faster clock with 1.2x performance from hyperthreading but it has 2 less cores. at best it would be 1.5x faster than the stock 1055t.

    20% might be a bit low of a low guess. It should be closer to 40-50% given the OC.
  12. esrever said:
    well the OC will help but real world performance the i7 really is only so much faster.

    In threaded tasks the stock i7 is only about 10% faster than the 1055t so.

    i7 is 1.2x faster per clock with 1.5x faster clock with 1.2x performance from hyperthreading but it has 2 less cores. at best it would be 1.5x faster than the stock 1055t.

    20% might be a bit low of a low guess. It should be closer to 40-50% given the OC.


    Might sell the 1055t when my 2600k is up and ready £110 sound reasonable?
  13. and does anyone know what volts to have at around 4.2 - 4.4
  14. you should be able to get above 4.2 with stock voltage.
  15. esrever said:
    you should be able to get above 4.2 with stock voltage.


    Cheers, so;

    multiplier @ 42

    everything else stock and/or auto?
  16. IntelEnthusiast said:
    Looks like someone is going to be having a lot of fun. Since I just got word on this and you are talking about overclocking I will share it with you.

    http://click.intel.com/tuningplan/ It appears that we have released a protection plan for overclockers or our unlocked processors like the Intel® Core™ i7-2600K. For $25 on the Intel Core i7-2600K you basically get one replacement for whatever reason.

    Christian Wood
    Intel Enthusiast Team

    When the bloody hell did this happen!?!?!?!
  17. majorgibly said:
    Cheers, so;

    multiplier @ 42

    everything else stock and/or auto?

    yes just leave everything on auto except for the multiplier. the unlocked cpus are super easy to OC.
  18. Shadow703793 said:
    When the bloody hell did this happen!?!?!?!


    Its a fricking amazing deal is it not lol!
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs