Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Next Week

BUDGET RANGE: USD $150-250 Before Rebates

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT:
Professional Applications:8
Gaming: 7
Media: 3

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: ATI Radeon HD 4770 (but the new card is for a new build) 850w

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS: Xeon E3-1230, ASUS P8B WS LGA 1155 Intel C206 ATX Intel Xeon E3 Server/Workstation Motherboard, mid tower case

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: www.newegg.com , or www.amazon.com

PARTS PREFERENCES: A card that is good with professional applications as well as games

OVERCLOCKING: No

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe (in future)

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Dual 1080p

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Needs to be good with professional applications as well as games. I don't play super intensive games. Age of Empires III, Civ V, Flight Sim X, Combat Flight Sim, Minecraft

This will be for a new computer build, I will have an 850w PSU. And again, I'm stressing the 'Professional Applications AND Games'. Fireworks, Photoshop, etc. A video editor like Sony Vegas is in the near future. And I'll have dual 1080p, though I'll only play games on 1 monitor most the time, while having another application on the other screen. I'll also be doing some VmWare if that makes a difference

Thanks!

if you want cards that works on professional application you will look at professional solution such as quadro. did you use CUDA for your application? if yes you might want to look at nvidia cards. something like GTX560 Ti should fit into your budget though it wasn't meant for professional solution. if you're looking for something serious for your professional application you should consider professional solution such as quadro or fire pro