Oh where oh where has my wallpaper gone

I have a few DT background problems that I think may be all related. First, I get my custom background when logging on but it soon switches to a blank white. When I try to change it through properties on the desktop right click menu, the background goes to all black until I change it to another background, where it goes al white again. However, the previwey picture on the properties menu shows the background I want, it simply doesn't make it to the actual desktop.
So far I have 1) unselected all Active Desktop content, 2) unselected all remote connections through Control Panel-> System, and 3) reinstalled my video drivers.

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I'm having the exact same problem! Please post something
if you've figured out how to resolve it!

kelly

If you have made any changes via the Accessibility Options/Display, revert
them. And/or select Windows XP under Themes/Desktop to clear things up.

--
All the Best,
Kelly

Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award

Troubleshooting Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com

Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!

"john" <johnnybnyc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm having the exact same problem! Please post something
> if you've figured out how to resolve it!

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

I can get the Windows XP theme to work, but I can't get
any .bmp images of my own to stay on the desktop.

Any other ideas?

kelly

Hi John,

Run the edit on line 142 (right hand side)

"john" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I can get the Windows XP theme to work, but I can't get
any .bmp images of my own to stay on the desktop.

Any other ideas?

Thanks Kelly--while the Acessibility changes didn't make a difference, reverting to a Windows XP theme did the trick. If you do this be aware that I had to run the edit she recommends then restart (of course) to apply any .bmp or other "custom" backgrounds. Thanks again!

"Kelly" wrote:

> Hi John,
>
> Run the edit on line 142 (right hand side)

> All the Best,
> Kelly
>
> Microsoft-MVP Windows® XP
> 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award
>
> Troubleshooting Windows XP
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com
>
> Taskbar Repair Tool Plus!
>

> "john" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I can get the Windows XP theme to work, but I can't get
> any .bmp images of my own to stay on the desktop.
>
> Any other ideas?

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

Arrgh! It's still won't keep a custom desktop
background! Any other thoughts?

kelly

Most welcome. Glad all is well.