Closed Solved

No internet options

hey everyone,
Its been quite awhile since Ive posted butt ive got a problem I cant seem to solve.

I must have picked up a worm or something cause I lost my internet options on IE8. Im on windows XP and what happens is it flashes and doesnt comeup, and Ive also lost access to two or three sites that I used to post on, Any help would be appreciated,

Ive also got MF and I can access options on this, but its not the same as IE internet options I dont like it as much,
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about internet options
  1. Best answer
    Try uninstalling IE8 and downgrading to IE6, see if you get the options, if so update it back to 8 again and it will likely re-appear.

Alternatively disable I.E in add and remove programs -> add/remove windows component. Reboot the machine, re-enable it then reboot again.

Try either of these as I.E might just need a good kick into gear.
  2. I.E needs a good kick into touch!

On another note, have you recently installed any updates? if so try using system restore.

Start Menu > Search > All Files and Folders > System Restore

Run the restore wizard and restore from the last restore point. I
  3. Best answer selected by germaniajim.
  4. I tried this but it would not uninstall IE8! Unbelievable but yes, It would not uninstall, it said irreperable damage would occur , etc, but I will try again and try to upload IE6, get back to you
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Internet Explorer Internet