Sign in with
Your question

BIOS Updating problem

Last response: in Motherboards
November 18, 2012 3:07:12 PM

I have downloaded the latest BIOS for my MOBO.
When I click read file in bios (EZ Mode) it just says: Image intergrity failed.

Anyone help?

More about : bios updating problem

a b V Motherboard
November 18, 2012 3:41:19 PM

the downloaded image might be compressed. Unzip it or expand/extract it before trying to install
m
l
November 18, 2012 4:21:27 PM

johnbl said:
the downloaded image might be compressed. Unzip it or expand/extract it before trying to install

I tried it :/ 
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
November 18, 2012 5:02:32 PM

I have had times when I got the same error over and over again and just could not get it to work. reading from the hard drive failed, from the USB drive failed. I ended up going back to the motherboard site and downloaded their new BIOS update utility that would run as a windows program and it worked. In my case it was for a ASUS motherboard.
take a look to see if they have a windows based utility to upgrade your BIOS on your OEM web site.
m
l
November 18, 2012 5:17:41 PM

johnbl said:
I have had times when I got the same error over and over again and just could not get it to work. reading from the hard drive failed, from the USB drive failed. I ended up going back to the motherboard site and downloaded their new BIOS update utility that would run as a windows program and it worked. In my case it was for a ASUS motherboard.
take a look to see if they have a windows based utility to upgrade your BIOS on your OEM web site.

I have Asus P8H67-M PRO MOBO Can you send a link for that?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
November 18, 2012 5:43:33 PM

i think they put it in the utilities not the BIOS utilities section.
I think it is in the AI suite II it was called AFUD or something like that. Be sure to remove the utilities when you are done. (from startup, and they put a task in your task schedule you have to remove or they will just come back)

for win8 64 bit, this will get you close:
http://support.asus.com/download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=P8...

i
m
l
a b V Motherboard
November 18, 2012 5:59:07 PM

found the utility on my machine. the description was ASUS windows platform flash program running as (32 bit)
the actual. ASUSUpdate located C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\ASUSUpdate size 1.36 MB

it starts up and I have the option to update BIOS from Internet. Not the best app, it comes up but the focus is not changed and it came up behind my browser window and I had to look to find it on my screen
m
l
!