How hard is it to build a pc

tahmoose

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2011
I got all my parts picked out and now i'm just thinking about how hard its going to be. I'm a bit scared i'm going to mess something up.

dominyon

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2011
As one person said, it is easy to build (put the pieces together like a puzzle) and harder to choose (make sure you are buying right mobo to go with the CPU you like, the right ram for the mobo/cpu combo you've chosen, etc).

However, if you get a part that is DOA or is defective you have to have the right skill set/knowledge to troubleshoot the problem effectively. Not trying to scare you off from your first build because it is how you will gain said knowledge, in the meantime places like this are here to help if you get stuck :)

Edit was for a typo that I was too anal to let go :p

for a visual guide,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPIXAtNGGCw
just so you know your not forcing things too hard lol, I think P2 is the actual build episode though, well worth you watching this one as well though,
We're here for any questions/wonders/ reassurance BEFORE you buy, we can't do much once you've bought a 1366 socket chip for an Amd 2+ Mobo lol,
whats the different psu? any reason behind changing it out or just preference/budget?
**Aah, too late maybe, I think you've ordered it already hehe, U.K. time difference :p
Moto