Sign in with
Your question

Internet Networking Problems

Last response: in Networking
November 20, 2010 7:41:31 PM

I started a Thread yesterday but had to leave and the only person helping me isnt on today. my 1st question is i run on a linksys wireless router. how do i set upa password so random people cant steal my internet. i changed the admin password but thats it.

now running on the wireless router is 1 laptop and 1 ipod, both wireless, and 2 computers that are wired. my dads internet went out yesterday. says its connected but it isnt. i do not have the isp cd and dont know if that will hol me back. but i ran ipcongig release and renew and nothing happened. a screen pops up but goes away to quickly to see anything. i also tried to access the router page http://192 and all that but it didnt work. it cant even access that.

the guy on here yesterday told me to try /k ipconfig /all and see if i have an ip address. so my question is what happens ither way. if i dont have an ip address when i do this what is the problem, and if i do have one then whats the problem. any help is appreciated. thanks
November 20, 2010 7:48:00 PM

keylo99 said:
I started a Thread yesterday but had to leave and the only person helping me isnt on today. my 1st question is i run on a linksys wireless router. how do i set upa password so random people cant steal my internet. i changed the admin password but thats it.

now running on the wireless router is 1 laptop and 1 ipod, both wireless, and 2 computers that are wired. my dads internet went out yesterday. says its connected but it isnt. i do not have the isp cd and dont know if that will hol me back. but i ran ipcongig release and renew and nothing happened. a screen pops up but goes away to quickly to see anything. i also tried to access the router page http://192 and all that but it didnt work. it cant even access that.

the guy on here yesterday told me to try /k ipconfig /all and see if i have an ip address. so my question is what happens ither way. if i dont have an ip address when i do this what is the problem, and if i do have one then whats the problem. any help is appreciated. thanks

also running the /k ipconfig/ all did not work. it said it was invalid
m
l
November 20, 2010 7:53:34 PM

ok so i had to type in cmd and then a dos screen came up and i was able type in ipconfig to get my ipaddress. so underethernet adapter local area connection it has 2. also under tunnel adapter teredo and tunnel adapter automatic it has an ipaddress
m
l
November 20, 2010 8:06:14 PM

also i just installed a belkin wireless card in his computer and ran the setup, now that too says its connected but he still isnt getting online, connecting to the linksys router page, or seeing any of the favorites, which usually pop up even if ur not connected
m
l
!