Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

First time building system and would like opinions

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Share
January 19, 2012 8:34:33 AM

Hello everyone, like i said its my first time building a system and i would really appreciate some input on components I picked out, whether they go good or if there are any other options i can go with. thanks in advance...I will be using it for gaming, watching movies online, browsing internet and school work. It will be hooked up to a 55" LG 1080p tv.


Intel Core i5 Processor i5-2500K 3.3GHz 6MB QUAD CORE-$229

COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus $30

I cant decide on the motherboard what benefits would i get from one or the other...

Asus P8H67-M EVO REV 3.0 Socket 1155/ Intel H67/ Quad CrossFireX/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ MATX Motherboard $124
or
Asus P8Z68-V LX LGA1155/ Intel Z68/ DDR3/ Quad-CrossFireX/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ ATX Motherboard $124

8gb of ram 1600mhz $48

SEAGATE / WD 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB CACHE SATA 6.0Gb/s $129

as for graphics card I am in the $350 range so either the geforce gtx 570 or Radeon HD 6970

CORSAIR 750 WATT HIGH PERFORMANCE SLI/CROSSFIRE POWER SUPPLY $105

and ill be running Microsoft windows 7 64bit........Thanks again

a b à CPUs
January 19, 2012 8:40:00 AM

People should stop slacking with their mobos.

My only reccomendation for mobo will be the P8Z68-V-PRO - Its perfect. If you cut down on the mobo price you have to remember that this will be "Home" for all your components and entirely controls the performance, reliability and longevity of said components.

Otherwise, its a good build. If you intend on spending $350 on a build go for the Radeon HD 6970. Its 2GB Frame buffer will help on certain games (BF3 being notable @ 1080p +) and its on pretty much level pegging otherwise.
m
0
l
a c 186 à CPUs
January 19, 2012 8:43:29 AM

asrock z68 extreme 3 gen 3
m
0
l
Related resources
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2012 8:49:52 AM

deadjon said:
People should stop slacking with their mobos.

My only reccomendation for mobo will be the P8Z68-V-PRO - Its perfect. If you cut down on the mobo price you have to remember that this will be "Home" for all your components and entirely controls the performance, reliability and longevity of said components.


The -v PRO isn't necessary unless you want the option to SLI. That's the only real difference that separates the -v PRO from the cheaper ASUS models...

deadjon said:

Otherwise, its a good build. If you intend on spending $350 on a build go for the Radeon HD 6970. Its 2GB Frame buffer will help on certain games (BF3 being notable @ 1080p +) and its on pretty much level pegging otherwise.


+1 on 6970 recommendation though.

---------

600w PSU is enough for GTX 570/6970 - Grab a 850w unit though if you plan to SLI/Crossfire these cards.
m
0
l
a b à CPUs
January 19, 2012 9:02:21 AM

the p8z68-v lx is a nice motherboard

just built a system myself using it

core i5 2400
8gb ddr3 1600mhz
p8z68-v lx
antec 300
750watt ocz
sony dvd drive

for £385




go for the standard i5 2500 if you are not planning on overclocking
m
0
l
a c 186 à CPUs
January 19, 2012 9:05:23 AM

shanky887614 said:
the p8z68-v lx is a nice motherboard

just built a system myself using it

core i5 2400
8gb ddr3 1600mhz
p8z68-v lx
antec 300
750watt ocz
sony dvd drive

for £385




go for the standard i5 2500 if you are not planning on overclocking

Honestly the v lx kind of sucks :pt1cable: 
m
0
l
January 19, 2012 9:11:43 AM

amuffin said:
asrock z68 extreme 3 gen 3


+1.
m
0
l
January 19, 2012 5:57:15 PM

ok thanks alot guys, on majority vote im going with the asrock z68 extreme 3 gen 3, and ill go with antec 650w PSU.
m
0
l
!