Gigabyte GT220 1GB DDR3 DVI VGA HDMI Out PCI-E Graphics Card

Robert g0who

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
I have a Phillips monitor which has a DVI-I (Single link) plug and an LG analogue 9-pin D plug. I want to run both on this card. Does the digital socket on this card match my digital plug. (I have just returned a Saphire card which had a DVI-D socket (I didn't know there was such a variety of DVI plugs and sockets) and they are not compatible.
Thanks.
robert

Robert g0who

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
I run two monitors on the one computer so need one analogue on the 9-pin D type analogue, the other must run on the DVI socket. My Phillips DVI-I plug will not mate with any of the other DVI sockets.

Robert g0who

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
Exactly, and the Saphire DVI socket does not have the two pairs of pins above and below the spade connector of the DVI plug my monitor comes fitted with.

Robert g0who

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
Yes, the Phillips monitor has the DVI-I single link plug, the Sapphire card has the DVI-D single link socket. The two are incompatible. Looking at the pictures of cards on sellers web pages you cannot tell which socket is on a card. It is possible that most modern monitors are truly digital. I believe this Phillips monitor, though fitted with a DVI digital plug converts the signal back to analogue.

Robert g0who

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2011
Monitor is a Phillips 700P.
I have now changed the Sapphire card for a Gigabyte GT220 which has a DVI-I (dual link) socket, so the problem is solved for me.
Thanks for your advice.
Robert

Latest posts