Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Will any motherboard detailed as "9000" series function on a dv9930?

Last response: in Motherboards
November 18, 2012 6:39:29 PM

I am trying to locate a replacement motherboard for an HP pavillion dv9930us.

But I'm confused as some sites say for example:

"Motherboard for dv9000 series, dv9500, dv9930"

That gets kind of confusing, isn't dv9500 part of the dv9000 series?

In short, will any motherboard named "compatible with dv9000 series" fit a dv9930us?

Thank you!

Best solution

a b V Motherboard
a b α HP
November 18, 2012 8:11:30 PM

More specificity is needed. For example, I googled "dv9000 specs" and came up with sub-models with Intel CPUS and others with AMD CPUs. HP components are usually labeled with a six-digit part number on a sticker on the part itself ("replace with HP spare XXXXXX-001"). If you can find that number (will require some disassembly, though it's often found under the RAM slots on a laptop board) try to look that up.
November 25, 2012 1:02:06 AM

Best answer selected by artifakts.
m
l
December 6, 2012 4:49:16 AM

Hey i use to have a dv9930, and thanks to an extended warranty from Hp i got a new computer from them for free. My advice to you is that unless you are really in love with the computer buy a new one My dv9930 was at hp and i was on the phone with them for about a month in total time combined over its life. It had everything replaced at least once, except for the wireless card, There are so many defects with the computers components that were never fixed that it is just worth it to buy a new computer. If you search the dv 9930's motherboard or graphics part online you will see all of the lawsuits that were filed because they were defective.
m
l
!