Sign in with
Your question

Finally decided on my rig! But does it meet the standards? Opinions?

Last response: in Systems
October 19, 2011 11:23:21 AM

Ok, after like 5 questions on a gaming rig, I have decided on my rig. This is it so far:

Amd Phenom IIx4 840@3.2GHz
4Gb Ram
500W PSU
Radeon 5670 1gb DDR3

I do not want to max out games, just play them on standard settings at a standard resolution: 1024x768

Can I play the following games at this resolution on normal settings or medium w/o Lag? Please, do not give me a link to a systemrequirements test lab. I want YOUR opinion, not a websites.
-Black Ops
-Crysis 1, 2, Warhead
-Battlefield 3 Beta+Battlefield 2 Bad Company
-A.v.A
-Metro 2033
-Wow
-Rage

Remember, know system requirements lab because I do not have the system built yet. Just YOUR opinion. Thanks!
October 19, 2011 11:42:25 AM

nsahawks7 said:
Can I play the following games at this resolution on normal settings or medium w/o Lag?
ABSOLUTELY, YES.

But, you won't need the 500 watt PSU. It'll be a tad overkill now, nor will it help you XFire that 5670 later.

Get the CORSAIR Builder Series CX430 V2 if you don't plan on XFiring that later for a higher res monitor. And if you do, then you need to invest in something bigger and more expensive.

Get 8GB DDR3 1333 Mhz CL9 RAM (Corsair Vengeance/XMS3, Kingston HyperX, GSkill Sniper/Ripjaws etc.) if you're using 64 Bit Windows7, though gaming won't really need that. But seeing as RAM is so inexpensive, might as well make your rig a bit more future-proof.

What board are you planning on getting?
m
l
October 19, 2011 1:13:59 PM

You can accurately and objectively determine the PSU requirements in watts and 12v rail amps. for this or a future build from the link below. It's easy and accurate. Give it a try and then you'll be able to help yourself and other PC enthusiasts in the future.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/314712-28-please-read...

IT'S BETTER TO TEACH A PERSON HOW TO FISH THAN GIVE THEM A FISH FOR DINNER !
m
l
!