Sign in with
Your question

Static noise on speaker

Last response: in Components
January 19, 2012 1:51:18 PM

Hey everyone!

I have this onboard soundcard (asus/realtek HD) that makes this annoying "bzzzz" static noise when the PC is off.
The speaker set is a 2.1 (nothing fancy, just fine quality).
I tried checking everything... cabling, interference, magnentic fields, speakers replacement and I got the conclusion that the onboard sound card is the problem.

The noise seems to increase when the humidity in the air is higher.

What would you recommend? I don't wanna buy a $200 sound card just because of this matter.

Thanks!

More about : static noise speaker

January 19, 2012 2:06:24 PM

Azevedo said:
Hey everyone!

I have this onboard soundcard (asus/realtek HD) that makes this annoying "bzzzz" static noise when the PC is off.
The speaker set is a 2.1 (nothing fancy, just fine quality).
I tried checking everything... cabling, interference, magnentic fields, speakers replacement and I got the conclusion that the onboard sound card is the problem.

The noise seems to increase when the humidity in the air is higher.

What would you recommend? I don't wanna buy a $200 sound card just because of this matter.

Thanks!

I don't know if it going to be of much help, but have you tried disabling the on board sound in the bios and seeing if it still buzzes? I don’t know if the power still runs though it after you disable it. Also have you considered the power supply?

and you can get a sound card for way less then $200 :D 
m
l
January 19, 2012 2:14:33 PM

I recommend you install newer drivers for the onboard sound chip.
Also cell phones and other wireless devices cause interference with pc speakers.
m
l
January 19, 2012 2:20:53 PM

Thanks for replying!

Well, if i disable the sound card on the bios how on earth will i have a working sound card?

Also, the drivers are Realtek HD latest!

See, if unplug the P2 jack from the soundcard the buzz stops!

I'm afraid to put some money on a 6ch PCIe soundcard and the buzz still.
m
l
!