Drivers gtx 480 do not load. Help!

Hello,
I have recently had my motherboard changed and am now in the process of re-installing everything from scratch. (I reformatted the HD and re-installed windows)

I have re-installed practically everything except for my Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 DDR5 drivers.
The PC runs on the default VGA drivers fine but when I try to install the GTX 480 drivers, of which I have tried the 280.26, 275.33 and the supplied disc drivers when Windows loads, the screen is black.
When I revert to the generic VGA drivers the screen works fine (but obviously I cannot use it for High Performance Gaming).

My System is:

Motherboard: Asus P6X58D-E
Memory: 6Gb Corsair Trichannel
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 480 DDR5
Processor: Intel i7 950
Sound Card: Audigy Sound Blaster
PSU: Corsair 850W
Monitor: LG Flatron
Connection to Monitor: DVI-i to DVI-d

--
I have tried many different versions of the drivers, all with the same result and I do believe it is a driver error but no matter how many clean uninstalls-installs (using Driver Sweeper) I do the drivers don't successfully load.

I have tried using a boot log but I cannot access the log because my screen is black, and then when I'm forced to boot in safe mode the log simply shows all the system32 dll's loading.

I have used this GPU before with my old motherboard (Gigabyte UDR3)so I believe the card itself is fine.

Any help guys?
6 answers Last reply
More about drivers load help
  1. Start with the basics, re-seat the video card and make sure you have both power cables securely plugged in. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but the motheroard seems to be the only factor that has changed, so maybe that is the problem.

I am curious what drivers are used for the generic VGA adapter.
  2. I have checked the seating and power cables; that was one of the suppliers first thoughts too. Thanks anyway.
  3. Is there any error code in device manager? You might be looking at a RMA if all else fails.
  4. RMA?

and how would I go about checking if there is any error in device manager?
  5. Return Merchandise Agreement.

Start
    Control Panel
    Device manger / For xp go into system and device manager tab
    Graphics and displays See if there is any yellow exclamation mark.
  6. No seems fine. No yellow exclamation mark. Thanks anyway.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Drivers Motherboards Graphics