Gtx 560 ti

The Hawk comes with the Twin Frozr III cooler and has a higher 950 mhz factory clock (vs. 880 mhz for the TFII). It may also have some extra hardware components for overclocking.

I would still like to see the Twin Frozr II Golden Edition in person though; pure copper throughout the shroud as well as the heatsink.

I have built well over a dozen boxes with the 560 Ti's (EVGA and Asus) and no issues of any kind. Running cool and quiet, never topping 82C under any bench with all case fans on lowest possible rpm (4.8 Ghz on 2500k/2600k) .... fans are inaudible in DF-85 / HAF 932 casea at 900 Mhz .... at 1000, I can hear them on a benchmark (no sound) but not in gaming.

The 900 Mhz versions w/ the oversize coolers are particularly stable when OC'd ... all but one of the Asus ones I have been able to get to 1,000MHz w/ no voltage tweaks....the one needed just a pinch.

^^^^wow you infecting all the threads the i am flagged in now, i think it might be time to quit toms HW all together. The ti oc'ed will crush a 6950, not to mention that a 6950 is crippled under heavy tessellation, thats just not a feature that I'd want to have heading into the future. The blanket statement that you make make above is absolute nonsense, the 6950 wins in some games and loses in others. They both have great oc potential, but personally I prefer the ti for its performance in games that matters to me.

eyefinity

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
What games, Crysis 2 and Hawx 2? Maybe Lost planet as well?

What about F1 2010 where even the 6870 laughs at it?

F1%202010%202560.png

For every "strong" Nvidia game, AMD has it's equal. Over the piece the 6950 is the faster card and it's the better card.

irfan88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010

I completely agree with you. :??:

Hey "jjb8675309",

I had a question for you. I too own an Asus DC II GTX 560Ti (not the TOP version) . I though of overclocking it myself.

What are you clock speeds for the 560 Ti and the temps that you maintain on it as well. Just a question!

Thanks for the inquiry and backing me up on that other thread as well, the ASUS DC2 is a great card mine runs at the following specs and with an aggressive fan profile the temps never exceed 71C:

1 ghz core 2200 mem 1.17v

Managed by msi afterburner

The bottom line is that AMD 6 series cards have slightly improved tessellation but for the most part produce significantly less frames compared to their nvidia counterparts under heavy tessellation, its a fact, people can cry about it or except it, yeah heavy tessellation is not used in that many games today but will be in the future imo

irfan88

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
ok.

thanks for the information. One last question. What are your idle temps on the card. I have mine at 33 to 35 degrees at 880 Mhz 2100 memory. So was thinking of overclocking it further. it would be great if you provide me the settings of your fan profile as well so that I can match them up with mine.

TRENDING THREADS