If I push the power button the display stay in black (I cannot see any prompts and any bios) and the pc switches off automatically after 45-50sec.. Then the pc is off for 3-6sec. and starts automatically ... endless. The monitor is okay.
The selfmade pc (2010) worked very very good until my one year old child pushed the power button besides I was working with the pc. The pc gone in the energy saver mode or something like that.
What I did, but not worked:
- I pushed all kinds of buttons
- I restarted the pc incl. pushing functing keys
- I looked into many web boards
- >1 min. removal of battery
- I checked the most defective contacts
- exchanged the power supply
- changed the position of the 2 RAM
- all RAM removed (-> no sound after pc start)
- power button cable exchanged with reset button cable at the mainboard
- external devices and cables removed
- internal hardware removed, but mainboard, power supply, RAM, CPU and CPU cooler
All 4 lights at the mainboard are on after pc start.
The power supply works and all cooler rotate.
Is the mainboard or the CPU broken?
CPU: Intel Core i3-530 Tray
mainboard: GigaByte GA-H55M-USB3 (without resetswitch)
RAM: G.SKill Ripjaws Series 2x2048MB DDR3-1333 CL7
Graphics card: Point of View GeForce GT 520
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB
power supply: be quiet! Pure Power 350W (sufficient)
CPU-cooler: Corsair CPU K 1366/775/AM3 A50
sound card: ASUS Xonar DX 7.1
DVD-writer: Pioneer DVR-S18L
webcam: Logitech HD Webcam C525
Keyboard and mouse: Logitech Cordless Desktop Wave Pro
Somebody told me, that it could be the mainboard, because if the CPU is broken, I had to see the BIOS.
One other guy from a pc store guessed without seeing the pc it is the CPU.
And the most people guessed it is the power supply. But, this was it not.